Monday, June 11, 2018

Arizona, here he comes

I got up at 6:30. I put up my hair and swished. I sewed all strips but one on the last block. Then I turned on the router and read e-mail. I listened to audios while I made hummus and fat bombs, which I put in the freezer. I also cut a bunch of fleece strips for the rug in progress. Then I got dressed. I rolled my sewing gear to the car and put it in the trunk. I watered the plants in front. Then I drove to quilting.
I was there by 12:15, but lunch was already over. There were some ladies left, so I set up in the back. I dug out my blue blocks to work on. I looked at what others were doing. I assembled block 9 and added it to the stack. Then I cut pieces for block 10. I put that together and added it to the stack. I laid them out to see if I needed more light blocks or dark blocks. Result: I need two more light blocks. That was a help in choosing fabric for the next two blocks. I started cutting. Most of the ladies left. Sheryl showed up. I talked with her and Lauri. I did not have a doctor's appointment to go to so I stayed late. But around 4 my eyes got tired. So I packed up and rolled it all out to the car. When I got to our driveway, I remembered that I wanted to check the post office box. So I drove over there to check and realized it was after 4:30, when the front desk closes. There was one piece of mail and no packages, so it just didn't matter. I went home.
I watered the plants in back and picked three tomatoes. I cleaned out the Bullet that I made the hummus in. I made a big salad and ate it while watching a tapping video. At 6:30, I watched Big Bang Theory. Then I washed my footies and put on a clean pair.
I was about to go for a walk. I headed out the door only to find the rain starting. I decided to have a bowl of fruit and listen to a tapping audio while waiting for the rain to end. I remembered a very painful incident and started tapping on it. Because Chris was gone and there is currently no one living next door, I felt free to rant and rave loudly.
Then my phone rang. I did not catch it in time, so I checked the number. It was our skype number. So I called it back. Chris answered. He said there was no cell phone signal at his hotel in Arizona. We talked for a bit and he waited while I cued up Netflix on the TV (just in case it didn't work and I had questions). I filled him in on the mail. We got The Greatest Showman from Netflix. He wants to see it so I will keep it until he gets back. And then we hung up.
I finished my tapping video and jotted some notes for my blog. Then I watched The 4400. I wanted to watch another episode, so I collated the recyclables for tomorrow. Then I made a cup of hot bone broth and drank it as I watched the next episode. When it was over, I posted to my blog. I tied up a few loose ends and went to bed.

No comments: