Friday, June 1, 2018

Visiting with Kurt

I heard the alarm go off at 7:30. I got up 20 minutes later. I put up my hair, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. I sat in the livingroom with Cecily, drinking water. The TV was on, but she was doing word puzzles on her Kindle. When I had finished what seemed like a quart of water, I went to the dinng room and got on my computer. I had never gotten an order confirmation from Swansons, so I checked my account on their website. Each item showed as canceled. The was a button to reload it all in the cart. So I did that, but it wasn't going to give me the discount that was active yesterday. I called and waited to talk to a live person. She had to check with her supervisor, but they got my order reinstated and charged to a different card, AND with the original discount.
Al and Cecily took Carol to the grocery store. When they came back, they packed the car and said goodbye and headed home. Carol vacuumed while I read e-mail. I watched some videos on making zippered bags from placemats. Then Carol shared her lunch with me: a mixture of bitter melon and chicken. Apparently Michele and Marie are not fans. The first bite was bitter but not bad. It got better from there. Ironically, the article I was reading at the time said bitter melon extract works synergistically with cold exposure to increase brown fat.
Chris and Michele and I walked to Goodwill, at my request. Michele showed us the way. It was a nice walk and we passed the place where she so recently worked. I searched the shelves for a blood pressure monitor or a water pik but did not see any such thing. I did buy a sheer which was a nice piece of tulle. And we walked back to Marie's house.
I read e-mail and listened to some short videos. Kurt arrived about 5:30 or 6. Michele gave him a tour of the house. We introduced him to the dogs. Kurt showed Michele and me some entertaining math videos on Youtube. Then we talked until Marie came home from work. Ok, so we kept talking, now with Marie, until Carol called us for supper. We trooped into the dining room. Supper consisted of chicken stuffed with spiced cheese, sweet potatoes, salad, and roasted vegetables. It was all very tasty. When we were done eating but still talking, Marie suggested we move into the living room so Carol could clear the table and retire for the evening.
So we sat in the living room and talked about TV shows and movies, and actors, and singers. Kurt gave Chris two shirts for his birthday. Eventually Kurt had to leave, so he hugged everyone and left to go home. Then the conversation turned to Game of Thrones. Chris and I had not seen it. So Marie played some of it so we could see the first episode and favored scenes from later episodes. I could not keep track of who was who.
Then the party broke up. The others went upstairs and I stayed down to post to my blog before I went to bed.
* Michele is being attacked by the octopus she crocheted. *

No comments: