Saturday, August 4, 2018

A juicy day

I heard Chris take his shower this morning. I went back to sleep and when I got up, he was long gone. I brushed and swished. There was a message on my phone saying he had gotten to Atlanta at 6am. I sewed two strips to the block. I trimmed the sides of the bee panel that Beverly gave me. I rearranged the stack of batiks. I turned on the router so I could look up pics of the strip placemats that my mother-in-law has. But I guess I only took one and it was an unusual one.
I had read about the gut benefits of drinking 16 oz of celery juice a day. I had some stalks of celery that I bought at Costco. I juiced the first bunch and it made one cup of juice, so I juiced the second one and it made 2 cups. So I ended up drinking three cups of celery juice.
As I cleaned the juicer, I listened to an interview on nutrients and autism. When I heard about topical vitamins at PatchMD, I went to the site. I chose the vitamin C and a multivitamin. The patches dispense the vitamins over an 8 hour period which sounds perfect for vitamin C.
I made and ate breakfast. I also ate 10 cloves of pickled garlic and took my supplements. I chose a project to take to the sewing group. I put my stitching gear in the trunk Then I watered the flowers and went to quilting at the local library.
Even though I arrived about 12:30, they hadn't had lunch yet. I set up my machine and asked if there were any charity projects to do. Trina gave me a kit of minki squares. So I threw that together. She was gone by the time I finished however. Then I worked on my blue blocks, taking some apart and adding fabrics with more sparkle.
About 4pm I packed up. I stopped at Publix on the way home. I could not find my grocery list. So I shopped from memory and thought I did pretty well. I was confused when a man standing by the bananas said he was colorblind and couldn't tell which ones had green on them. He wanted them not green, so I pointed to some with brown spots. I thought being colorblind meant not distinguishing blue from green. There were no blue bananas.
Anyway, I paid for my meager selection of groceries. A man carried them to the car for me. I took them home. When I got there, I checked the mail, and watered the plants again. My grocery list was lying on the sidewalk. I left my sewing machine in the car for tomorrow.
I put my groceries away and realized I had forgotten the goat milk. I checked my e-mail and ate nuts. I watered the tomato plants outside and mowed the lawn. I made a lot of salad and ate it while playing Solitaire. Then my tapping buddy came online. We mostly talked for an hour and a half. I asked her what kind of tree has pink berries and sent her pics. She said it looked familiar.
I watched several episodes of Frasier and rubbed pieces of onion on my head. I opened a coconut, consuming the water and the meat. When Frazier was over, I checked e-mail one last time. I typed up my blog and prepared to go to bed.
* This is the onion that is slowly being sacrificed on my head. *

No comments: