Saturday, August 18, 2018

Halfway to the beach

I did not sleep well last night because I just couldn't get comfortable. Chris seemed to sleep ok. I got up feeling like I needed a nap. I brushed and swished and drank some water. I sewed two of Jane's blocks together. Then I noticed that she had put matching thread in her bag. I had figured it was a gray that blended in. Oh well.
I took a shower and got dressed. I ran around the house, packing things and repackaging liquids for the trip. The sunscreen separated during the night. Sigh. I went through my packing list. I threw a sewing kit into my suitcase, plus some fleece strips to work on. I also added some books I have been meaning to finish. Chris moved plants from the back porch to the front porch so they would get watered by my neighbor. I ate one of the breakfasts I had made. I checked e-mail briefly for personal messages. I answered two, then turned off my laptop and packed it. We also packed the Burkey water filter at the last minute. Chris put it in the car, and we headed out.
On our way, I drank from water bottles I had prepared with tea bags in them. I peeled some hard boiled eggs for us at lunch time. And I ate some seed crackers. The whole way we listened to a book on CD, finishing 5 of 6 CD's. We pulled into the hotel about 6 EST. We checked in, then moved our stuff up to the room. Then we went out for supper. It was hard to follow the road because each side was two lanes going the same way. But instead of being parallel, they wove back and forth creating extra intersections. Weird.
We went to an Italian restaurant. Chris chatted with other people waiting in line. Then we were taken to our table. The waitress took our drink order and promised us bread, but she appeared three times before she remembered it. She took our order (I got the big salad with salmon). She brought Chris' soup first. It seemed a long time after he finished, that our entrees came out. We talked and ate. The best thing I could say for my salmon patties is that there was nothing wrong with them. Nothing to blog about, that's for sure. I considered saving the onion pieces to rub on my scalp, but they were too small. When we were done, Chris paid, and we went back to the hotel.
We got on our laptops for a short time. Chris hooked his to the TV and we watched three episodes of Continuum. I deleted a bunch of e-mails. Then I put some argan oil on my head. I hunted up my toothbrush and chocolate toothpaste. I brushed and swished while writing my blog. Then it was time to put on my vitamin C patch and go to bed.
* Working on Jane's blocks with the wrong color thread apparently *

No comments: