Wednesday, August 15, 2018

What substitutes for a headphone jack?

At my request, Chris put his phone in the bathroom. I heard it ring, but went back to sleep. I got up at 8, not hearing my phone, which was in the dining room. I brushed and swished. Chris left a pair of pants on my sewing table. I was going to repair them, but could not find anything wrong. My other sewing projects were still in my trunk. So I sewed two patches together, then turned on the router. I drank a quart of water with vinegar and salt in it. I checked e-mail. I took niacin and did my exercises when it kicked in. I made coffee. I put on meditation music from Oprah which was posted on Youtube. I had to play it on the desktop because my laptop is not recognizing the external speakers I plugged in. I doubt it had anything to do with the battery being changed.
After my meditations and tapping, I cleaned the bathrooms. I watered the plants. I cleaned the kitchen and mopped the floor. I listened to the rest of the video on the Carpenters.
Then I listened to a presentation on memory: if you are forgetting something in this moment, 1) take time to remember before grabbing your phone to jog it, 2) move your eyes back and forth for 30 seconds, and/or 3) do some jumping jacks to get the blood flowing and more oxygen to the brain,
At 2 I went to see the Korean doctors. She had gotten a letter in the mail rescinding her driver's license. I read the documentation, then called the number. Finally I got through to someone who told me what to fax. I assembled the info and tried to fax it with their machine but it didn't go through. So he took it next door and sent it. I called up the playlist for her with her computer. While it played, she rubbed onion on my head then stuck needles in my scalp. I laid there for 20 minutes. My phone rang, but I did not answer it. When she took the needles out, I got up and checked the messages. One was from the faxee, saying her license was reinstated. Cheers all around.
I went home and was surprised not to see Chris. I chose some CD's that I thought Dr. Grace would like for her playlist. I checked e-mail and started a meditation. I paused it when he came through the door. We talked for a bit, then he went to change his clothes. I finished the meditation. I wanted to listen to an audio without bothering him, but the headphone jack wasn't working. I tried rebooting, but that didn't help. Chris downloaded Realtek software and installed it, but that did not do the trick either. I wondered if something inside got jostled when the battery was replaced. I also thought there ought to be a way to use one of the USB ports to channel audio.
I read an article about Mama Cass. She died at 32. So did Karen Carpenter. So I had to check on Andy Gibb, but he was only 30 when he passed. I looked up how to make sunscreen and hunted down one of the ingredients. Then Chris was ready to watch, so we saw two episodes of Continuum. I rubbed pieces of onion on my head. When the shows were over, I drank some kava/valerian tea and then brushed and swished. I posted to my blog so we could both go to bed.
* This is one of the quilts from yesterday. She did a great job with her embroidery machine. *

No comments: