Friday, August 10, 2018

Momma Mia, my my

I put my phone in the bedroom last night so I would be sure to hear it. It went off at 7:30, and I got up soon after. I did 3 forward rolls. Then I brushed and swished and sewed two strips to a new block. I turned on the router and checked e-mail. I started listening to a podcast while drinking water. I oiled my ear. I got dressed and turned on Skype.
Soon my tapping buddy was on, and we tapped together for an hour and a half or so. Afterward, I made and ate breakfast. I changed my clothes and headed to the movies.
I thought I was supposed to meet her at 12:15, but she showed up at 12:30 and the movie start time was 12:45 (but it was commercials and previews for 25 minutes). Then we sat back and watched Mama Mia. It was good, and I got a little teary at times. I thought Cher looked pretty good for 72. Afterward, we stood outside the theater and talked.
I left the parking lot and drove down Airport Road to Johnson Road. I stopped at the Humane Society thrift shop to see if they had any quilting fabric, but they did not. Then I went back to the base, with an eye out for the OPEN sign on the computer repair place, and there it was. I proceeded to the arsenal post office and picked up our mail, which included Vitamin C patches. Then I went home. I called the computer store. He said he was closed yesterday to take care of his mother. He said he was going to be working late to make up time. So I said I would come back next week.
I ate some dates with coconut flakes. I checked e-mail. I went for a walk, and picked three more poke berries. I walked across the main street just to see something new. When I got back, I made a salad, using up the rest of the greens. I also used up the remaining carrots, which were pretty old. I looked up the medicinal value of poke berries. I cut some onion slices to rub on my head.
I started watching Frazier. Chris skyped me and we talked for a bit. I'm not sure which he misses more: me or indoor plumbing. Then I went back to watching Frazier. I watched a few episodes, then took a break to make up 18 days worth of supplements: enough to take me through beach week. I placed the ones that needed reordering by my laptop. But when I sat down, I looked up how to make a playlist without commercials. Then I started making a playlist for the doctors. I stopped at 11 to write my blog. I swished with tooth powder and xylitol as I wrote. Then I placed a Swansons order and went to bed.
* I didn't take any pics today, so here is one of the blue blocks in progress. *

No comments: