Monday, August 6, 2018

Preparing for class

I got up at 7:45. I had awoken earlier and was doing the visualizations to improve my teeth. But sleep had completely left me. Consciously I did not hear the alarm, but maybe subconsciously I did.
I did three forward head rolls. I brushed and swished and sewed a strip. I turned on the router, then sorted through some papers. I unpacked the two Amazon boxes. One had the new computer battery and I hoped it hadn't been damaged by the heat yesterday.
I took the celery from the fridge. It was limp so I put one bunch in water while I separated and washed the other bunch. Then I put the second bunch in water while I washed the first bunch. Sadly, the water was not cold. I guess it is just too warm outside. The second bunch was still limp after I juiced and drank the first bunch, so I let them sit awhile longer so I could read e-mail.
After 10 minutes or so, I juiced the second bunch, drank it, and washed the juicer parts. I noticed gnats or fruit flies in the garbage. The bag wasn't full so I didn't want to take it out. I covered it with a stiff bag, but either it did not keep them out, or some had not flown out. I sprinkled a few drops of tea tree oil in and put the bag over it again.
I made and ate breakfast. I listened to Oprah's meditation for day 15.
I watered the plants out front, then got in the car and went to quilting. A couple ladies left as I arrived. Bertha said they saved me a piece of cake. Ha ha. I showed them the iron caddy and told them I was teaching a class tomorrow morning at the church on Jordan. There was some interest and a few ladies wrote down the address. I handed them the supply list.
Then I set up my sewing machine and got to work on the blue project. Eileen brought several dozen eggs to sell from her family farm. All I had was a $5 so she gave me two dozen. She sold a dozen to someone else and she left to buy supplies for tomorrow. Laurie had to work early and Bertha had dogs to babysit and soon I was alone. It was good to spread out the blue blocks and see what needed to go where. I added touches of the brighter blues here and there. Carolyn came back and told me about her visit to her son. She bought one of the cartons of eggs from me. We worked rather quietly together. Then she had to go. But after she left, Rebecca came back and we had a nice chat. I didn't get much done. At 4pm I packed up to go. She put up the irons and cutting mats. Then we left together.
On my way home, I stopped by the post office to check the mail. Nada. Then I went home. I left my machine in the car, but brought the blue project in. I checked the house mail – same nada. Not even junk mail. What is this world coming to?
I had a bite to eat. I checked e-mail. The church treasurer had a question about the reports not reflecting the deposits. I checked the sheet I had but it did not explain the discrepancy. I placed a Swansons order. I collated the recyclables. I took the garbage out because of the gnats. Apparently the tea tree oil wasn't strong enough. I filled a small trash can with grocery bags so I could immediately bag wet stuff and take it out. Beverly called. We chatted for a bit. The sun was setting, so I went for a walk. It was the 45 minute path, but I got back just ahead of the bugs. I also picked some ripe pokeberries along the way.
When I got back, I sprayed bug spray in the pumpkin patch because of the white flies. I picked the pepper that was turning red. I started making a salad and Chris skyped me. I ate while we talked, which wasn't long. Poor guy doesn't have indoor plumbing in the housing they assigned him. I collected a few things for class tomorrow. I watched episodes of Frazier while rubbing onion on my head. I took my evening supplements. I set my phone alarm. I swished with tooth powder and xylitol. I wrote my blog post for the day. I gathered a few more things for class, like handle strips and batting. I put my phone on the windowsill so I would be able to hear it in the morning. I put ozone cream on my gums and went to bed.
* A Star Trek quilt from yesterday. *

No comments: