Friday, August 24, 2018

Last full day of beach

I got up before 8 after doing my visualizations. I brushed and swished. I went out to the common area to sew a few stitches on my project. Talking to those present, I continued stitching by attaching fleece strips together. It was windy out. And the red flag was up, signaling that swimming in the ocean was prohibited. I hung out on my laptop until lunch time. Then I made three breakfasts and ate one. Some people went out to the beach. I ate a bowl of fruit and watched them from the balcony. When I felt ready to go, they were coming in.
I put on my suit and walked to the beach. I stood in the surf, which was so flat that it was boring. At least until I started watching the water recede from the sand and sparkle like diamonds. After a bit, I sat on the bottom wooden step from our beach house. I played in the sand, burying my feet, laying in the hot dryness of it, listening to the wind. Tired of being lazy at the beach, I went to the pool. Cecily and Marie were there. I laid on a plastic lounger and relaxed. Eventually they went inside. So I went up to the hot tub to continue being lazy. It was only 102 in there. I relaxed for awhile. Then I got out and put the hose in. I added enough water to cover the jets. The temp went down to 101. I expected the leakage to increase, but it did not.
Anyway, I took the short broom and swept the second floor deck. I checked the bushes around the house for missing pieces of the rail. I noticed a rental agency truck in the driveway. Then I heard Cecily find the rental agency repair lady in her bedroom, fixing the drawer pull. I went inside to see what was up. She had sprayed the sliding door with WD-40. It slid much better but it stunk like paint thinner. Since my laptop was set up next to it, I retired to my bedroom. I took off my wet and sandy suit and tried to take a nap. Finally I gave up, got dressed and went back to the common area. I took my kite out for some pics. It kept flying around on the second balcony and I did my best to catch it in a pic. I put it back in my bedroom.
I asked Cecily to french braid my hair. So she did. Then she showed me how she did it by braiding her own. I don't know how she did it because I have trouble doing a simple braid in my own hair. I took some selfies and she told me to go to her bedroom because there was a tri-fold mirror. So I tried it, but was unable to see the back of my head or capture it in pixels. I sat at my laptop and sent to Becca the pics I took of her and Michele in their steampunk outfits yesterday.
Soon it was time for supper. I took my digestive enzymes. Chris and James came in from grilling hot dogs and hamburgers. Carol and Becca laid the burger fixin's out. The people in the kitchen held hands with the people in the diningroom and Chris said the prayer. Then we took plates from the table and got in line to pick up meat and condiments. In addition to the usual hamburger toppings, there was also baked beans and a chili sauce for the hot dogs. So we all ate together. No one seemed to want dessert. So we cleaned up. I finished my Aurafest audio of exercises. I finally saw an aura around my hand. The others were outside on the third deck, talking. Except for Michele who was playing a new game on her laptop. Soon Cecily went to bed and left the light on for Al. Michele asked Mike to help her with the game. Not much longer, the rest of the group went to bed. I stayed up listening to the game and playing Solitaire and researching progesterone.
I heard the front door open. It was Al who had flown to New Hampshire yesterday to attend his brother's funeral. He spoke to us then called his sister-in-law to say he had arrived safely. I was getting tired so I typed up my blog and got ready for bed. I swished while trying to think of what else happened today. As the game broke up, I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: