Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Two weeks in one

I got up at 7:45 after visualizing for my teeth. I drank some water and printed two copies of the blank offering form. I brushed and swished and sewed a strip onto a new strip block. I had to cut a wide strip in half and sew the ends to get a strip long enough to go across the middle. I washed up and got dressed. I checked my phone and there was a text from Beverly with a time stamp later than the oven clock showed. The microwave agreed with the oven. But my phone insisted it was an hour later. I turned on the router and laptop. The laptop agreed with the stove.
I checked e-mail. I finished a meditation audio. I copied some figures on ideal thyroid test results. I washed up and got dressed. I packed some fleece strips rather than my machine. Then I went to quilting, stopping to water the flowers out front.
It was almost 10 when I arrived. They were all sitting at one table. I squeezed in. I worked on the rug while the others talked and did binding and applique. Jodie came by and showed us her quilts. After she and the other ladies left, Beverly and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was hot, and there was no breeze like at the beach. She said later that we walked over a mile. We parted ways afterward and I went to the Asian store for kimbap, then went home.
I ate the kimbap with kimchi and 10 cloves of garlic. I filled a water bottle to take with me to church. I arrived not long before 2. I got to work writing down the donations for the 19th. Then I did the donations for the 26th. I filled out the bank deposit tickets. I entered the info for the 19th on the computer and printed the reports. Then I packed up and went to the bank to deposit the money before they closed at 5. But I had to go back to the church to enter the info for the 26th. On the way back to the church, there was an accident, and police cars and an ambulance slowed down traffic. When I got to the church, I parked in the shade, and went back to the office to enter data and print a second set of reports. I left a little before 6. I thought about going to the farmer's market to get some fruit but it would mean passing the accident. So I headed home. But as I passed through the intersection I saw that everything had been cleared up, so I guess I could have gotten there before the market closed after all.
When I got home, I checked the house mail and found an envelop from my father. I intended to mow the lawn since it was still light out. But Chris had the chicken warming in the oven. He pulled it out and I ate some. So then I made a salad, and ate my daily handful of nuts. I checked the chocolates in the fridge. They reminded me of oreos. They were brown on the bottom and white on top. I tasted one and it was unremarkable.
It got dark, so I just read e-mail until 8. I tried to put together a Swansons order. I told Chris that my cell phone was on Eastern Standard time and would not revert. He fiddled with the phone and got it to agree with the rest of the world around me. I discovered a tuck sewn into the block I did this morning, so I started ripping stitches out. Then Chris said I could turn on the TV and cue up Death in Paradise. So I did. And he finished his e-mail and joined me for the last two episodes. Then he packed his lunch and went to bed. I stayed up to take my evening supplements and post to my blog.
* This is one of Jodie's quilts. *

No comments: