Thursday, August 30, 2018

Market day

I got up at 8 after doing visualizations. I scraped, drank, brushed, and sewed. I turned on the router. I swished while I prepared the bread machine for a loaf of bread. I got a check ready for the mail. I drank some more and swished again this time with sesame oil. I watched the rest of the movie from last night. It was certainly written to have sequels. I looked up xylitol to see if it was good or bad for gut flora. Some say good, others say bad, but all said it was good for teeth. I got dressed and mailed the check. I also watered the plants. I picked up the house a little.
Rebecca arrived just as I was sweeping up the floor. She had a tub of batik fabrics that she was willing to share. We went through them and she gave me some that coordinated with my batik project. Then she took the tub back to her car. I stood in the driveway for some time, talking to her. I can't remember what we talked about. Dentists, I think.
After she left, I made and ate breakfast. I also ate 10 cloves of pickled garlic. I packed my blue project and headed for quilting. On the way I stopped at the Korean doctors clinic to pick up the hairband I left yesterday. He thanked me for the letter I wrote. I wished him an enjoyable day and I left.
I drove to Stitch-Its. There were lots of ladies there, but within half an hour most of them left. Nothing personal, I hope. I got out my machine and worked on adding sashing to the blue blocks. Christy told us the story of someone trying to steal her bee hives. I never imagined such a thing would happen. My watch stopped working so I am not sure when we packed up. I had finished all the sashing and needed to go home to trim the blocks. There were books and patterns on the table. Christy begged me to take them, so I did, figuring to share them with the next group I visit.
I stopped at Walmart on the way home and bought a cantaloupe, and some flax seed and chia seed. I used the self-check line, and had trouble knowing which buttons to press. But eventually I made it through and took my food home.
My neighbor texted me as I pulled in the driveway. She was going to the Greene Street market in 10 minutes. I texted back, then checked the house mail and brought everything in from the car. I put stuff away, then got a baggie of chocolate from the fridge. I went next door and knocked. Her husband opened the door. I handed him the chocolates and said they would melt in room temp. So he put them in his fridge. She came out getting her shoes on. Then we got in her car and she drove us to the market.
I would have gotten lost but she knew the way. She parked and we got out. We looked at all the market stands. I talked to the goat farm people and bought some cheese. Then we went to the flower stand and each bought a handful of flowers. I also got tomatoes nearby. We stopped at the sprout tent and tasted different kinds of sprouts. I bought cilantro ones and she got something else. Then we went back to her car.
When we got back to her house, I thanked her for inviting me and she thanked me for going with her. I went inside and put the food away and placed the flowers in a vase. I had bought a bag of moringa. I picked out two stems and put them in with the flowers as foliage. The rest went in the fridge.
Soon Chris was home. I told him what a great day I had. His was just long. He asked if I did anything different with the bread, but to my knowledge I hadn't. I got out some chicken for supper. I also made a big salad. I read e-mail until my tapping buddy got on skype. Then I took my laptop into the guest room. She told me she had bought a car and it was everything she wanted and more. Then we tapped for a relative of hers.
When the call was over, Chris and I watched three episodes of McHale's Navy. Then Chris looked up one of the characters online before making his lunch and going to bed. I stayed up to take my evening supplements, swish with xylitol and post to my blog.
* this is the flower table at the market. *

No comments: