Tuesday, August 7, 2018

What is Tuesday without kimbap?

I set my alarm for 7 and got up when it rang. I brushed and swished and sewed a strip or two, finishing the block. I took a shower and got dressed. I ate a fat bomb. I chose 8 sheets of paper to bring to class. I pulled some coordinating fabric from my stash in case Beverly needed binding to go with the sewing print. I checked e-mail. I tweaked the instructions for the iron caddy, but there wasn't time to transfer it to the other computer and wake up the printer and such. I grabbed some extra fabric strips to use as props for the demo. Then I gave the plants a quick bit of water and headed out.
I arrived before 9 but not by much. Only a few people were there. Anita and I moved a table over by the outlets. We put in some extension cords. Laurie called. I told her we were in the back of the church. I went outside and waited for her. Then I helped her bring her cart of sewing supplies in.
I gave a short demonstration of the process for making the iron caddy. Everyone already had the instruction sheet so some were ready to sew and others to cut and some to iron. Lorraine copied my pattern. She cut her fabric and decided to make two, one for her mom. So when she bought Insul-Bright from me, I had to sell her the whole thing. Not that I was planning on making one, but I wanted to have some on hand for future use.
I walked around, observing ladies sewing and answering questions. Somehow I missed that Linda was sewing her binding corners incorrectly. Susan helped her out. Finally I had to sit down. I kept yawning. Susan said everyone should bring their caddy back next week for a pic. No one finished in class but probably will next week.
It was 12:30 or later when Beverly and I left. We went to the Asian store for kimbap. But low and behold....there was none. They just didn't have it today. No reason given. No easy lunch for me and no simple supper for Beverly and her family.
So I went home for breakfast. I made it as quickly as I could, so I would have time to eat and get to church by 2. But getting to church took longer than I thought. The right turn I wanted to take was blocked so I had to go all the way down Drake to the parkway.
But, no big deal. I went into the church office and got started arranging the envelops in order. The pastor came by the office for a bit, then left for the afternoon. I got the checks and cash counted and filled out the deposit tickets. Then I fired up the new computer. I entered the data for this week. But I could not find the all of the online statements. So I called Tim. He pointed me in the right direction. But by then it was 4:30. I paused the operation to run to the bank and made the deposit by 5.
I went back to the church to finish entering data and print the reports. Again, I had to stop in the middle to run to the farmer's market before it closed at 6. I picked up my three pairs of scissors and paid for them. The grass-fed meat lady was there. I meant to buy a beef heart from her, but since I wasn't going straight home, I didn't.
I went back to the church. It started to rain. I found the statements I needed and put together the report it should have been. I printed out all the various reports and their copies. I stapled them in sets for this week and last week. And finally I got to go home.
It was after 7 when I arrived. My hands and wrists were tired from all the data entry. I checked the house mail and rolled the trash can out to the curb. I picked the last tomato and ate it with salt and pepper. I checked e-mail. I started making a salad and Chris texted me over skype. I ate while we talked. He didn't have much to say. So he hung up and I read e-mail. No summits this week, so I binged-watched Frazier while rubbing my scalp with pieces of onion. When I was done, I threw the pieces in a ziplock bag to keep the gnats out. I don't know what they are eating now. I often find them on the bathroom mirror. Maybe they think it is water?
I swished while typing up my blog post. Then I took my evening supplements and went to bed.
* You'd think I'd take pics of people making the class project, but all I have is one of Beverly W. and her quilt. *

No comments: