Tuesday, August 14, 2018

New battery

Chris' alarm went off at 5:30. It woke us both up. He got ready and went to work. I tried to go back to sleep, but gave up at 7. I brushed and swished and sewed two strips, finishing the block to take along this morning. I checked e-mail and listened to part of a documentary on the Carpenters.
I got dressed and went to quilting, arriving about 9. Only two people were there, but others arrived after me. I did not bring my machine. Most of the ladies who made an iron caddy were either done or were down to the handsewing part. I helped Beverly install an LED light on her machine. I also sewed a label on one of her quilts that she needed to finish by Saturday. Robin passed around a card for Jane, who is 89 and fell and broke her shoulder. But to our surprise, Jane showed up with her daughter. Her arm was all black and blue. But she was able to move it a little.
At 11 everyone put their iron caddy on a table and we all took pictures. Several people thanked me for teaching the class and wanted to know what was next. I helped clean up and then we (Beverly and I) went walking around the neighborhood. We met a candidate who was passing out promotional materials.
After our walk, I went to the Asian store for kimbap. I was so hungry that I could have eaten it in the checkout line. I took it home and ate it with kimbap. Then I packed up my laptop and went to the computer store. I gave the guy my laptop and cord and new battery. He said he'd have it done in an hour or so. I said I was willing to wait and answer phones if needed so he could concentrate. But apparently he wasn't that busy. So I proceeded to the church.
I arrived early, so I got a head start on counting money. I prepared the deposit, then entered the data into the software. I printed the reports. I checked on the names that Susan gave me, but found very little information. SK is not very forthcoming.
Then I took the deposits to the bank and got receipts. Then I went to the farmer's market. I got some peaches and a watermelon. I also wanted a beef heart but she said she didn't know if she had one. I guess she wanted to wait on someone buying a more expensive cut. So I went home.
Actually, I stopped at the computer store to pick up my laptop. He gave me the old battery and said I might be able to get it fixed and have it for a back up. I thanked him and paid the $30 for installation. And then I really did go home.
Chris was there on his laptop, talking to Michele on Skype. They were arguing politics and racism or something. I made and ate breakfast. I checked e-mail.
I left for a stewardship meeting at church. I left on time, but it seemed like I barely got there by 7. I talked to Art then went and sat in the meeting. There was a lady from Huntsville Agency for Pastoral Care. She spoke at length about the good things her agency does for the community and for pastors and chaplains. I wondered why she was speaking to us since all we do is record what people give. We don't spend money or allocate it. We make a budget from the info other ministries give us. I thought she should be talking to the council.
Anyway, after she left, we talked about the usual things and the upcoming Consecration Sunday. When the meeting was over, I hit the road and skimmed through the gate 10 minutes before it closed.
I made a mug of tea and read e-mail. One nose guard on Chris' glasses broke off. I got out my box of glues, but none of them worked. He found an old pair of glasses and we watched one episode of Continuum. Then he went to bed and I stayed up to read a few more e-mails and swish before posting to my blog and going to bed.
* Beverly sent me this pic, but I am not sure who she got it from. *

No comments: