Thursday, August 23, 2018

Kite weather

I got up before 8. I brushed, swished, and went out to greet those in the common area. I sewed a few stitches in my project. Cecily was getting ready to go to the beach, so I put on my suit and went with her. It was windy and cool (80's). The water temperature was perfect, but the waves were rough. Cecily stayed on the wooden walkway and watched as I played in the surf.
Later I came back and she was gone but Marie was there. Marie came back with me. I talked to people at the pool. Then I got my kite. Chris took the wrapper off. Michele went out and helped me get it in the air. It was pretty boring after that. There was a steady wind up there so it just flew.
Then I came in, put up the kite and read e-mail. I listened to the next installment from Aurafest. I finally made breakfast around noon. I ate as I read more e-mail.
Cecily asked me to help trim leaves from parsley. It was for spring rolls. After that, I went to the beach. It was still rough but reasonably warm. I played in the surf, testing my balance. When the froth started sticking to the sand, I left the water and sat on the steps and played with the hot dry sand. Later as I was going in, James and Becca and Olivia were coming out with kites. So I went in and got mine. We flew kites for a bit. Again, once they were up, there was nothing to do. Becca took some pics. We chatted. They went in and I went to the pool area. I put my kite inside the house and went swimming in the pool. Cecily talked about the repair lady who had come to address the list of concerns we had made. Afterward, I took a shower and got dressed. I read e-mail for a bit, listened to some more Aurafest. I ordered the DNA upgrade that Yvonne suggested.
Michele cooked kimchichigae for supper and Carol made spring rolls with two sauces. We gathered around the tables and held hands for prayer. We ate. After supper, Cecily sat with a list and obsessed over how much food we needed for the next two days and what to buy more of.
I took my laptop to the bedroom and got ready for my skype call. A few minutes after 8 I realized that my laptop was no longer connected to the internet. I took it to the kitchen and asked Chris for help. He got me connected again. I called my tapping buddy and we chatted as I walked back to the bedroom. But then the call dropped. Apparently the signal was too weak in the bedroom. I tried going down to the pool room, but all I could get was audio – and a frozen video signal. I tried the steps, but had no luck. Finally I put the laptop back where I had it in the common area. It was the best connection I could get and it left a little to be desired.
The rest of the Damours were out on the veranda chatting and drinking – except for Chris and Kelly who were in the common area on their electronic devices. So my tapping buddy and I worked on eating issues. When our time was up, we agreed to meet next week as usual. Then I called my dad, since he had called while I was skyping. He seemed to have called to get my correct address, although he also talked about health issues. Then I joined the Damours outside at the patio table. It was windy and I had to go back in to get a coat. But then I sat back and listened to them talk back and forth. Chris did not join us.
Eventually the group broke up and most went to bed. I stayed up to write to my blog and swish.

No comments: