Thursday, August 9, 2018

A set-back installing the new battery

I got up at 8. I brushed and swished and drank water. For my sewing requirement, I zigzagged more pieces of Insul-brite together. I thought I had created a piece big enough for the pattern, but did not have a copy of it at the moment.
I turned on the router and checked e-mail. I listened to a presentation on survival in a crises by an ex-military guy:
When you leave your house in an emergency like a tornado, carry bikes on your car in case traffic comes to a standstill. Strap your bags to the bikes because it is hard to pedal with a backpack on. Have bug-out bags with a poncho and bungee cords, and mylar sleeping bag. MRE's are too heavy. Bring container that holds water and filters it at the same time, like a bag with a tube with an inline filter. Be prepared for bad traffic, and military check points. The best security plan is stealth. Be tactical but don't look tactical. Blue is a recreational color so doesn't attract attention. Carry a blue bug-out bag with a waist strap. Carry weight on your waist, not your shoulders.
I made and ate breakfast. I meditated with Oprah and Deepak. I turned off my laptop and packed it in it's case. I put the new battery in with it. Then I headed out the door. It looked like rain so I didn't bother with the plants. I stopped at the computer repair place. The OPEN sign was not lit and the place was locked. I knocked just in case. It was 12:01 so I thought he might just be at lunch. So I went on to quilting.
I sat by Pat and unpacked my machine. I brought the Renegades project to work on. Marjorie chided me for not coming earlier and then she left. I talked to Pat and Leanne. Leanne and I made arrangements to go to a movie tomorrow.
At 2:30, after sewing the first leg on all the half square triangles, I packed up. I went back to the computer place. But it still wasn't open. Hmmm. Could he have gone out of business so quickly?
I went home and checked the house mail. None. I opened a coconut, drank the water, and scraped out all the meat. I rubbed my scalp with a ginger ice cube. I read e-mail and listened to an interview on the desktop. The interview exceeded my interest so I sewed a second log onto all the triangle blocks while it played. I got a message from my tapping buddy wanting to reschedule for tomorrow. I designed a new sheet for recording the Sunday donations.
It was getting late, so I went for a walk. There were no swarms of small bugs today. When I got back, I set up the laptop. I made a salad for supper. Then I put onion juice on my scalp and rubbed it with pieces of onion. I put on an episode of Frazier. Chris called me on Skype. We talked for a bit as I drank a bottle of kombucha. He didn't have much to say so I did most of the talking. Then I went back to watching Frazier. I brushed and swished with tooth powder and xylitol. I took my evening supplements and wrote my blog post for the day.

No comments: