Friday, August 17, 2018

No one knows jack

I got up around 7. I scraped and brushed and swished. I drank some water, then laid out Jane's partial quilt. I auditioned the next two rows of blocks since they were not numbered for order. I sewed side strips to the blocks I chose for row 5.
Then I turned on the router and read e-mail. I read that cantaloupe is good for your thyroid. I put on a multivitamin patch. I made up enough spice mix for the trip. I took some enzymes and ate a fat bomb. I deleted lots of old messages from my phone to free up storage space.
I tied a piece of cloth around my nose and put on big glasses. I opened a bag of zinc oxide to make a batch of sunscreen. It separated as it cooled so I had to stir it every so often. Then I made up three breakfasts and packed the ingredients for the trip. I threw some clothes into my suitcase. I looked for beach towels and could not find any, so I chose a worn out bath towel. Then I remembered the boxes in the garage. I found two towels out there, but they were dusty. I put them on the washer.
It was sunny out and I thought this would be my last chance to tan for the beach. So I put on my bathing suit and laid on a towel in the back yard. Well, the clouds had a different idea, playing peek-a-boo with the sun. They were toying with me. Eventually I gave up and went back in the house.
Chris came home from work. He changed his clothes and started laundry. He checked his messages and there was one from his mom saying that his uncle Larry passed away this morning. He called her back to talk about it.
We took my car to the station on post to get gas. Then we went to the computer store to pick up the laptop. He said he was heat-testing it at the moment but he could put it back together if we needed it right away. We agreed to leave it for later.
We went home. I made two salads and ate them both, but still didn't use up all the greens. I read e-mail. I made a batch of seed crackers and I hard-boiled 11 eggs. I updated and printed a packing list. I placed an order for more vitamin C patches, plus two other kinds, one for getting to sleep at night and one for anti-aging. I texted Julia next door to see if she could water our plants while we are gone, and she said yes.
Robert from the computer store called to say the hardware was fine but the jack was still not working and it was probably a software issue. Maybe an update went wrong? He asked if I could leave it for a few days but I said I needed it to take it on my trip. So he put it back together and I went there to pick it up. I told him that the laptop rebooted itself on Wednesday while I was out, probably for an update, but I have told it not to do that. He said there are 13 places in Windows 10 that you have to go to to stop Microsoft from accessing your data. Yikes! He did not charge me, so I thanked him and took my laptop home.
I set it up and e-mailed my blog notes from the desktop to the laptop. Oh, its good to have my laptop under my fingers again! I played Solitaire while waiting for Chris. Finally I gave up and grabbed the sheets from the dryer, intending to dress the bed so I could retire for the evening. He stopped what he was doing and helped me. We saw mysterious brown stains on the sheets. We looked inside the washer for clues. I saw a cycle labeled “tub clean', so we tried it. Then he talked me into watching an episode of Continuum. I rubbed an onion into my hair while we watched. Then I posted to my blog and brushed and went to bed.
* This is the back of Christy's quilt. *

No comments: