Friday, August 3, 2018

Getting ready for his trip

I got up before 7:30, thinking it was later. I brushed and swished and sewed a strip. Then I took it out because the edges were not lined up. After the re-sewing the strip, I cut a bunch of blue strips, sewed them end to end, ironed them and wound them around pieces of cardboard.
I turned on the router to look up the recipe for remineralizing toothpaste, which had nearly run out. But I got sidetracked reading e-mail. I put on some clothes in case the lady next door came over for coconut milk. Then I made a batch of toothpaste. She rang the doorbell and I came out with a jar of fermented milk for her. We talked for a while and then she had to go.
I made and ate breakfast. I gave the plants out front a quick drink. Then I went to my massage. The new traffic pattern wasn't any quicker than the old one for getting there. Then I had to wait because she was late. By the time I got out, it was 1 pm. But I felt great.
I stopped at an Asian store to buy two coconuts. I put them in my trunk. Then I headed for the theater. Just before I got there, I passed a yard sale, so I turned around to see it. I picked up a red fleece blanket. She only charged me 25 cents for it.
Then I went to the cinema. Leanne wasn't there yet so I went inside and used the bathroom. When I came out, she was waiting. We got in line to buy tickets to Christopher Robin. When we sat down, they were playing all commercials. Then came the previews. About 25 minutes of them. Then we watched the movie. It was good but not great. When we got out, it was 4:30!
I drove home. Chris was not there which was unusual. I checked the mail and there was none. I checked e-mail. William called. He talked about Goodwill. When he hung up, I made supper – lamb and salad. Then I read about remineralizing substances for teeth. I added one to my Swansons cart. I watered the tomato plants. Then I put my laptop to sleep so I could move it to the guest room for my weekly skype call. I read e-mail and did a meditation while waiting for my tapping buddy to come online.
I pulled out all my blue and green batiks and lined them up for a preview. I noticed a plastic bag with squares in it that were for a project for the guild. I sewed them together in the proper order. When I went to iron it, I was surprised that the iron was already on. I made sure to turn it off when I was done. I moved my laptop back to the dining room. I started folding laundry. Then my tapping buddy texted me over Skype. We worked out a new time for tomorrow. I ate some frozen strawberries and blue berries while Chris finished an e-mail.
He finished his packing and rolled his suitcase to the door. I rubbed my scalp with pieces of onion while we watched one episode of Continuum. He got his papers ready for tomorrow. I took my evening supplements. Then I posted to my blog so we could retire for the evening.
* this is a quilt I saw hanging in Huntsville Sew-n-Vac last Saturday. I think it advertises a class. *

No comments: