Monday, August 20, 2018

Relaxing at the beach

I got up about 9. I threw on some clothes and joined the group that was finishing breakfast. When they were ready to go to the beach, I put on my suit and followed. Cecily sat at the end of the stairs, holding towels. She took my watch so it would not get wet. I went to the surf. The water was rough and a little chilly. William wanted to go to the pool, so I went with him. Others joined us after a few minutes. When I'd had enough sun and exercise, I went inside and washed up. The men were planning a trip to the grocery store. So I got ready and went along.
We went to Food Lion. I picked out some cheese, and stuff while Chris and Al and Mike got items on the list and a few other things. We checked out and went back to the beach house. We carried the food inside and unpacked the bags, putting the food away. I made and ate breakfast. Mike and Michele made some spicy thai noodle dish for lunch. Others had sandwiches. I read e-mail on my laptop for some time.
The women went to Publix for a few things the men either forgot or didn't know about. I stayed for e-mail, and then went back to the beach. The water was warmer but still rough. A sandbar had appeared at the edge of the waves with a trough behind it. So the largest waves actually went over the sandbar and filled the trough. The water in the sandy trough was very calm. I played in the surf for a bit, picking up shells. Then a large fish washed up next to me. I am not sure of the original length because something had taken a huge bite and the tail half of the fish was gone. I didn't want that thing washing up against me in the surf so I left the beach.
Cecily was watching William in the pool. I went upstairs and changed clothes, hanging my suit on the railing. Later it would get rained on. Becca was needling wool. She had made the cutest elephant. She gave me a piece of roving to try out. Chris and Michele and Mike were cooking supper in the kitchen.
Before they were quite finished, we gathered around the tables and held hands for prayer. Then Chris went back to cutting up the lettuce. We took our plates and got in line to make fajitas. I skipped the tortilla and just put fixings on my plate. There was good conversation around the table. We heard some thunder and Marie's dogs came over to get comfort. Rowan is so big it takes several people to comfort her.
After supper, Cecily was all in favor of starting a 1000 piece puzzle. So she and Marie and I went through the pieces, pulling out the straight edges. Others played some sort of concert game at the other table. Cecily went to bed. Marie and I kept working, trying to get all the edges done. I gave up and pulled out sky pieces, hoping to also find any straight edges that we missed. Then Marie went to bed. I kept working. Mike was explaining pictures of tanks to Al. He sounded like a salesman going through the pros and cons of each model. Then I stopped piecing, and went to take my evening supplements and brush my teeth. I swished while I worked on my blog. Everyone left went to bed. Rowan was still on the couch. I rubbed onion on my head, turned off the lights, and went to bed.
* This is Rowan. *

No comments: