Sunday, August 19, 2018

Let beach week begin!

I heard the hotel phone ring at 7 as a wake-up call (which we did not request). Chris answered. Then my phone went off at 7:30. I hadn't slept well, and was not happy to be woken up. But finally I got up to use the bathroom. So then I brushed and swished. Chris took a shower and wend down to breakfast. I sewed something from my kit. When he came back, I ate my breakfast and listened to a presentation on vaccines. Then we packed up and loaded the car. We went across the street to a grocery store and bought coconut milk, an onion, kombucha, pink salt, and a chocolate bar. Chris put gas in the car and programmed the GPS.
We drove for hours, listening to a book on CD and snacking occaisionally. Chris stopped for coffee and I tried to call Faye and Dad but the calls did not go through.
We had been told not to arrive before 4:05. Chris thought we would be a few minutes early, so he suggested stopping at the kite store. I thought that was a fantastic idea. He used the restroom while I looked around. I chose a kite and he bought it. Then I used the restroom and we continued on. We pulled into the driveway associated with the house number we had. But the people staying there were unknown to us. We compared notes. It seems there is a difference between Virginia Dare Trail and S. Virginia Dare Trail. We got back in the car and drove for another mile or so. Finally we did find the right house. Most of the family was already there. We brought our stuff in and greeted everyone. I investigated the house and pool area. Cecily was organizing people to prepare food in the kitchen. Faye called and Chris answered and brought me to the phone. I talked to Faye until I was called for supper.
There were 13 of us, sitting at two tables. We joined hands for prayer, then took plates and lined up to get food buffet style. We had roasted cauliflower, Panko chicken, and salad. After supper, a bunch of us walked down to the beach to wade in the water. It was getting dark. Finally we came back and got in the pool. I just got my feet wet. We chatted and only left when someone spotted lightning.
So we all went upstairs and chatted in the living room. Michele got a splinter in her foot. I got out a needle and Chris used it to get the splinter out. Then I got on my laptop to look up ferrofluid on Youtube. What an interesting liquid in a magnetic environment!
Mike lent me a pair of USB headphones. I listened to a meditation, trying to shut out the voices all around me. Then I started listening to an interview. Alfred walked up and talked about the Damour family reunion last week. So I paused the interview and we had quite the conversation. The rest of the Damour kids were talking about movies they'd seen that Al hadn't. One by one they went to bed. When Al went to bed, I got some onion to rub on my head. I also set up the Berkey and put water in it to filter. I wrote up most of my blog. I took my evening supplements, brushed and swished. I finished my blog post and downloaded the pics from my phone.

No comments: