Sunday, June 23, 2019

I am now a voting member

Last night I plunged my face into a bowl of ice water. That was supposed to activate the mammalian diving reflex and slow heartrate. I thought it might help me sleep. However, I could not hold it for the specified 30 seconds. It was just too cold.
I woke up early. I got up and took a shower. I washed my hair with baking soda and rinsed it with vinegar. It did not feel appreciably different. I put ozone cream on the bug bites on my ankles. I pulled dresses from my closet until I found one that didn't smell funny. I walked around in my slip until my hair dried. The dress had a hole in the back so I had to repair it before I wore it. I checked e-mail and took supplements. I also treated myself for sensitivities to water.
I went to church. Don and Tamara were already sitting in my pew. He moved over and let me sit on the end. I interacted with each of them and the people sitting behind. When the service started, Susan gave the announcements. It was new member Sunday. The interim pastor said it was an odd text, but he likes a challenge. The scripture was about Jesus casting out demons which then fled into swine and jumped over a cliff. It scared all the locals so much that they asked Jesus to leave. Pastor said we should go to unclean lands and show God's love to unclean people.
After the sermon, the new members went up with their sponsors. Jennifer was mine. The special readings were short, then the sponsors introduced the new members to the congregation. Jennifer told everyone about the wallhangings and kneelers that I had sewn.
After the service, I stayed in my pew, eyeing the altar to see if anyone picked up the offering to carry it to the safe. Susan asked me to go to the fellowship hall for a picture with the other new members. So I did. The refreshment table had desserts on it. There was a huge cookie with a picture of the church on it. After our pics were taken, we talked. Several people said they did not realize that I wasn't a member. One lady asked me to make her a t-shirt quilt. Jeannie was there and I told her how good her fish looked on the banner. Tim was there, with a puffy bee sting on his right eye.
I went to Publix on the way home. I had the list with me, but it was short. I picked up coconut milk and coconut water. I also bought some greens. But, even though I was there earlier than usual, they were out of pea sprouts.
When I got home, I washed the cans and put the groceries away. I made and ate breakfast while listening to interviews. I looked up Lucy Corr assisted living.
I searched through my stacks of orange fabric to find the one I bought in Korea to stack-n-whack. I laid it out and took a pic of it. I put the pic into my kaleidoscope program to play around with different sizes of triangles. I settled on 30 degrees and 5.5 inches tall. The repeat is 11.75. Odd, huh? Then I went through all my rulers to find one with a 30 degree angle. I found one with 60 degree angles that I can cut in half.
I went for a walk. I found more blackberries. It is amazing how they seem to appear in new places. When I got back, I watched short videos on sprouting flax and chia seeds. During one, Chris skyped me. Neither of us had much to say. After the call, I made a salad. I put on Dark Matter. I watched two episodes. Then I watched an episode of Frasier to put happier images in my head. I spread some chia seed on a wet paper towel. I typed up my blog post for the day so I could get ready for bed. In the interest of better sleep, I turned the AC down from 80 to 74. I took the last of the supplements. I did my lower back exercises and went to bed.
* This is the fabric I am going to cut up. *

No comments: