Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Soaking my head...of lettuce

I slept well until 5:30. I was woken up by the loud ringing in my ears, but not sure what caused it. I stayed in bed until 7:30. The sleep app gave me a score of 100.
I put the recycling out and saw boxes in our neighbor's recycling container. So I went inside and found some boxes that I could flatten and put out. A big one in the garage I took to the bedroom and used to cover the window at night. I removed the smaller boxes that just weren't covering enough.
After the usual morning routine, I took my orange strips and went to quilting. I sat and talked to the ladies for awhile. Then I asked Jane for advice on the strips. She advocated finding a point and pinning through all the layers. But some of my strips are wider than the others, which shouldn't be possible.
Then I had to leave so I could be at the doctor's office by 11. I read a book for a few minutes until she called me back. She tested me with different vials from before and was satisfied with the results. So she pulled out the tetracycline vial and tested. I felt like I was stronger with that than the others, but she decided I needed treatment for it. I silently concluded that it just didn't matter, because next week is the 3 month test and unless the results are fantastic, I will end this.
When I got home, I made and ate breakfast. I listened to the latest episode of one of the summits. Jennifer texted about meeting me at the church to return a $20 bill. I put some blackberries in a container for her. I ironed all the orange strips. Then I went to church.
The secretary was still there so we talked briefly. I mentioned that the global rocket launch is scheduled for the same night as the guild meeting which she and I both attend. She said she was going to choose the rocket launch.
After she left, I entered the numbers into the financial program and printed the reports. I got texts from Jennifer who decided not to come to church this afternoon. She invited me to come to her house Thursday afternoon for a swim instead. It made me a little distracted and I printed the reports incorrectly. I left the berries in the church kitchen.
When I was finished, I went to the farmer's market. There was a long line of cars waiting to get into the parking lot. I finally found a spot and parked. I ran into Susan and then Cecelia, walking in the main aisle. Cecelia was there to buy blueberries. I bought eggs, also the most beautiful head of lettuce I ever saw, peaches, tomatoes, cantaloupe. Then I had to wait in line again to get out of the lot, and then to make a right turn (behind the people waiting to make a left turn).
I went to the bank to make the church deposit. Then I went home for lunch (but it was suppertime). I ate a peach and salad. I put the lettuce in water. I listened to another interviews. I changed my clothes and mowed the lawn. I jotted notes for my blog.
At 8, I started watching Dark Matter. Chris called me on Skype and we talked for a bit. Then I finished the episode. It ended on a cliffhanger note, so I watched the next one as well. Then I followed it with one of Frazier. I wrote up my blog post for the day, and may have done a few other things before going to bed.

No comments: