Sunday, June 9, 2019

Pentecost

I got up when the alarm went off. I took a supplement, and then showered. I put on a dress and flats. I hoped it would be alright. I didn't want to wear the running shoes to church again. I read e-mail. Chris did a clearing on me for the digestion vial. I read e-mail and mixed powders with oil to make a paste. I ate half of it. Then it was time to go.
I moved the contents of my purse to a blue one to match my blue dress. )I did not realize that it was Pentecost and everyone else would be wearing red.) I got in my car and drove to church. I got a bulletin and hit the restroom. In the sanctuary, Don was already sitting in our pew. He was happy to see me. I quickly wrote a check for the offering. Cecelia came and sat with me. We had a short conversation before the service started.
It was a quick service. Some of the liturgy was missing. I guess our interim pastor wanted to keep it short because he was giving a talk on church statistics in America afterward. There was a short break after the service. I moved to a better seat. Doris sat with me and Jennifer sat in front. We listened to his presentation. It seems church attendance is declining in all denominations across America. Many young people no longer find church relevant.
When it was over, I took pics of my banner hanging on the wall. I could not see the quilting in the grape circle. I got some very nice comments from people nearby. I wondered who told them I had done it.
Then I went home. Chris was gone. I called, thinking he might be at the store, but he did not answer. I made breakfast, and listened to podcast. Finally I called his work number. He answered right away. He said he thought he'd told me he was going to work, After hanging up, I went to quilting. I did not have my sewing machine so I offered to help in any other way. Lynette had me sort some fabric, and then I did pressing for others. Sadly I had forgotten my phone so I was unable to take pics of the lovely quilt tops that were present. Finally I swept the floor while stronger people packed up and hauled the tubs of fabric to Lynette's car. Then I went home.
Chris came home while I was gone and mowed the lawn. I read some e-mail, hoping to get up the energy to go grocery shopping. I saw William had called, so I called him back. He talked at length. After the call, I decided I was too tired, so Chris went to the grocery store by himself. I drained a jar of sunflower seeds and cashews that had been soaking since yesterday. I blended them with fermented coconut milk and left the mixture to sit and ferment overnight.
Chris came home with groceries. He put them away while I cleaned up a bit. I asked him to fry up the bitter melon slices that had been soaking in salt water for 24 hours. He did, and I tasted one. It wasn't so bad, but it wasn't good. We both thought it needed bacon. I made and ate salad while watching an interview. I sprinkled the fried bitter melon slices on my salad. For the most part, I did not notice them while eating the salad.
We watched two episodes of ST:NG. Afterward, somehow we got talking about the character in Numbers who only ate white food. I tried to look up why, but was unable to get that info.

No comments: