Sunday, June 30, 2019

Better out than in

The sleep app sounded a little early. I wasn't asleep because I was scratching at new insect bites. Considering where the bites are, the little critters must be biting me at night.
I found a really long 'string' this morning. Because Chris thought a doctor should see it for identification, I put it in a zip-lock bag. I got on the internet to ID it myself, but could not find a site with labeled pictures. I had to guess and check. Still not sure.
I took a shower and got dressed for church. I skipped eating because I did not want to feed the unwelcome visitors. I took a stack of grocery bags and foam recyclables and headed to church. Usually I like to watch the readout of miles left to go on the present tank of gas. But yesterday it got covered up with the message to change the oil, and it won't go away.
When I got to church, someone handed me a bulletin and I sat by Don. I chatted with those around until the service started. Susan did the announcements and Pastor Feig lead the service. After the service, which was short because he talks so fast and some of the liturgy has been left out recently, he led a discussion of the differences between the generations (Silent generation, baby boomers, gen x, millenials, and ?). We discussed them as pertaining to work, institutions, family, and church. He called it quits at noon and said we'd do it again on another Sunday, TBA. A lady told me her boyfriend had big totes of quilting fabric he'd inherited and needed to get rid of. I told her I could help with that.
I left the church and went to Publix. I dropped off the plastic bags and foam trays. I did not get the usual amount of food, but I did have fun looking around in sections that we never look at. I paid, and a nice man carried my groceries out. I drove back to base, and brought the food in. I changed my clothes and put the food away. I sat down at my laptop and Ron called. Never mind that he had just seen me in church. He wanted to know the time of the next stewardship meeting, but went on from there.
After the call, I did more research on parasites and ways of getting rid of them. I saw in e-mail a message that our Netflix account had been accessed in Florida. I called Chris on Skype and he allowed that he was watching shows on Netflix. Why did they think it was Florida?
I went back to clearing e-mail. Faye called, but it was a butt-dial. Still, I got her attention and we chatted a bit. I told her about the 'string' and she thought I ought to tell someone. I said I had a doctor appt on Tuesday. After the call, I ate some pumpkin seeds, and mixed papaya seed powder with honey. It wasn't as bad as I feared. During the day I also took mimosa pudica, lemon water, and charcoal.
Stacey indicated at church that she was thinking of picking berries. So I called and left a message. When she texted back, we made a plan. I put on long pants and got a berry basket. I met her outside. She had tea-length pants and a basket. I told her about the string. She thought a doctor would rather have a picture than the real thing. We walked to the back of the neighborhood. We picked berries, avoiding the stickers as best we could. I still got scratched up.
When we got back, she went home. I got out the mower and did the back lawn. I worked up a sweat, more from the heat than exertion. I drank a large container of coconut water, and read e-mail.
At 8, I watched one episode each of Dark Matter and Frazier. I made tea with ginger and garlic slices. I put garlic slices in my sock. Something about having garlic on the bottom of the foot is supposed to help. I worked on my blog post for today. More unwanted visitors left. I donated to Kevin's birthday charity. I finalized my blog post and had one more thing to do online before I could go to bed.
Last week I slept in Chris' spot. The week before, I slept in my spot. This week I will sleep across the bottom of the bed. Then I can take that sheet off and there will be a clean one underneath. It won't be possible to run the sleep app from there, so no more sleep data for a week.
* I came across this on the internet and thought it was interesting. It was part of a larger pdf and I could not separate it out, so I just took a pic of the screen. *

No comments: