Monday, June 3, 2019

Opening lots of packages

I got up around 7. I took the first supplement. I swished and showered. I fished a piece of potato out of the soup that Cecily sent along with us. Then I treated myself for sensitivities to potato. I found a bunch of other things to catch up on to get back in the groove of home life.
I listened to audios and got the house mail. There was a piece for the people next door so I dropped it off. Then I opened the two small packages that were wedged in the little box slot. One was shampoo and the other had glass vials.
I put kimchi in a small jar to take to the chiropractor. I picked up my handbag and got in my car. When I arrived at the office, I signed in, then changed my Thursday appointment to Friday to make room for the dental checkup I had forgotten about. I was immediately shown to the decompression room where she strapped me down to a table and proceeded to stretch my back. Afterward, I sat in the hall, reading, until called to exam room 2. I continued to read until the doctor arrived. I gave him the jar of kimchi. He seemed pleased. We discussed keto and protein and colostrum. He adjusted my neck and back. He was pleased with my progress.
When I got to the front desk, they confirmed my appointments for next week. I went home and had breakfast. I packed my sewing machine in my trunk and went to quilting.
I was hoping to arrive at lunch time and iron my quilt backing. But the ladies had finished their lunch. Rebecca saw me coming and came out to carry my machine in for me. She also pulled it from the case and set it on the table. I got to see the quilt she inspired, which was quilted in a way that really enhanced the design. They said it was time for someone else to inspire a quilt; which means coming up with a simple block design and providing some of the fabric. Well, I pulled out the quilt top I had already made and asked if it would do. Dinah measured it and said it needed 10 more inches in height and width. I had some green with me, so I cut 5.5 inch strips and sewed them all around. I also pressed the orange quilt backing, but I had to share the pressing table with others. At that point, we were all packing up. We put the group stuff away and turned out the lights. Dinah and I walked out together. I put my machine in the trunk and headed back to base.
Chris had called to say he was probably working late. So I stopped by the post office. There were letters and three packages. I put the smallest in my handbag and carried the other two to my car. Everything went in the front passenger seat and I drove home.
I had something to eat and took the lunch supplements. I opened the three packages and put the contents out of the way. I read e-mail while listening to interviews from the Detox Summit. Chris came home and we chatted, then I resumed my audio. When I realized the sun was going down, I went out to water the plants. When I came in, I made lots of salad and ate one bowl. I called Dad to remind him to eat fat bombs. He was having a hard time deciding how to stack the dishwasher. I suggested that he go back in rehab for a month and get healthier so his mind would work better. He was not open to the suggestion.
I finished my salad and made ginger tea. We sat and watched two episodes of ST:NG. I took my evening supplements, then brushed and swished. I sat down to write my blog post and remembered the lower back exercises that the doctor ordered. I was unable to find the sheet of paper detailing the positions. So I did what I could remember. Then I finished my blog post and went to bed.
* The dot quilt, started by Rebecca. *

No comments: