Monday, June 24, 2019

Try as I might

I got up early, feeling like I hadn't slept much. It was cooler because I lowered the AC, but I kept hearing strange sounds all night which made me feel hypervigilant.
I had the usual morning routine with supplements and such. I printed a supplement check-off sheet. I treated myself for sensitivities to fresh basil, which I picked from a pot by the front door. A teenage boy knocked on the door. He was carrying a small, quiet dog and asked if it belonged to me. I said no, and that it did not belong to the neighbors on either side of me, either.
When I had worked through the pre-breakfast supplements, I made breakfast. I ate it while watching something from the Autoimmune Summit.
After breakfast, I got dressed and picked up the orange fabric and triangle ruler. I put them in with my machine and carried it to the car. I drove to quilting.
The ladies were finishing up lunch. I found a place by Lauri. I took out the orange fabric and pressed it. Then I chose a motif on the fold that was easy to spot. I cut across the fabric at each point it appeared. My intention was to make a stack-n-whack. But I spent the next several hours trying to line up the pieces. No matter how much I pinned and pressed, the pieces just did not match. By three, I realized I needed a plan B. I bid the ladies fare well and went home.
On the way, I stopped at the post office. Our box was empty. I checked mail when I got home, and there was nothing there, either. I ate lunch, which consisted of seed crackers, nut cheese, and nuts.
I called Cecelia. She had called earlier when I was at quilting. We had a nice chat. She has a quilt she wants me to look at. I told her to bring it Sunday.
I collated the recyclables, looking for a berry basket. I found one, but it did not have a handle, so I poured the berries into it and used the one from the fridge. I put on jeans and some peppermint oil. Then I went to pick blackberries. There were a lot ripe today. I brought them home and put them in the fridge. I ate a piece of sweet potato, and some berries from last week. I called Dad and talked to him for over an hour. We both had trouble understanding the other. I convinced him to eat and made him promise before I hung up.
I watched one episode of Dark Matter and one of Frazier. Chris called for a short time, then hung up so he could apply for jobs and go to bed. I finished watching, then put on some classical music while I wrote my blog post.
* From show-n-tell last Tuesday.

No comments: