Saturday, June 1, 2019

No apartment viewing

I don't know when I got up, but I took my first morning supplement and went back to bed. Chris made it worth my while. Then we washed up and got dressed. I took the remaining morning supplements and made two breakfasts; one for today and one for tomorrow.
In order to see Michele's apartment, I thought we would take a load of her stuff over there, then leave for home from there. So she spent some time packing boxes from her room. Michele gave us back some things she had borrowed. Marie gave me some worn out jeans for me to make a quilt with.
Michele decided she did not want to drive to Manassas and back and asked that we take her and bring her back to Marie's house. It would mean an extra 90 minutes of drive time, which I was not up for. Alfred offered to drive her, and she decided to just let it go until tomorrow when she had to go home. That meant I did not get to see her apartment. Sigh.
Al and Cecily said goodbye to me before they took the dogs to the dog park. I read e-mail, waiting for Chris. But he didn't seem in any hurry until his parents got back. Then he packed the car, there were hugs all around, and we got on the road.
It was a very busy road and we got stuck in traffic twice. Mostly we rode in the car, listening to books on CD for almost 6 hours. When we reached Bristol, we checked in at the hotel, then went to Red Lobster for supper. I wanted vegetables so I ordered the salmon, which came with three sides. I picked broccoli, asparagus, and a tomato/cheese medley. It was all good, but the broccoli had no taste. I put lemon juice, salt and pepper on it. Then, after I ate the tomato/cheese medley, I dipped the remaining broccoli in the sauce.
We got back to the hotel in time for me to meet with my tapping buddy. In fact, I had time to take a pic of the ugliest hotel carpet I remember seeing. When she was ready, we tapped for her for over an hour. We were both tired afterward. I took some evening supplements. Then we watched two episodes of ST:NG. I took the last of the evening supplements and wrote my blog in reverse order because I could not at first remember how the day started.

No comments: