Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Tiring day

I woke up early, probably hearing Chris' alarm. I could not get comfortable or go back to sleep. I got up at 7, hearing Chris still in the house. I had him treat me for egg. He was not eating breakfast because he had to go for a fasting kind of test. I felt badly for him because, due to the bread mishap, he wasn't going to get his usual lunch either. He left soon for the medical center. The testing is necessary for him to go to Honduras.
I took the first enzyme and then brushed and swished. The bread machine was cool, so I started another loaf of bread and made sure the paddle was mixing the contents. I read e-mail and listened to a podcast. I looked up how to compare units of enzymes – there are so many! I read reviews on enzymes. I put the recyclables out at the curb.
When the pre-breakfast supplement line-up was over, I got dressed. I drove to the Tuesday morning quilting. Sadly I forgot my phone, again, because they were making colorful aprons to sell at various events. As soon as I got there, Robin asked me to wind a bobbin for Beverly's machine. Beverly was not there, but her machine is a lot like mine. I had no trouble winding a bobbin and threading the machine. Anita said I could sew with her machine, so I did. But I ran out of bobbin thread and needed her to wind another one because it was a Singer Touch-n-Sew, which winds the bobbin while still in the bobbin case. While some of us sewed, others came by to pick up pieces to press. Anita turned the straps right side out. It was fairly quick. Then she and Robin put out food for lunch. I finished the apron and picked up another kit. I did not know about the lunch and had a bunch of errands to run.
I went to the Asian store where I bought kimchi, kimbap, ginger root, and pickled garlic. On the way home, I stopped at the gas station to fill my tank. When I got back to the house, it was breakfast time. But today, breakfast was on the Asian side. I read e-mail while I ate. I took the nut cheese out of the fridge and added lemon juice, pepper, and garlic powder. I put some in a jar to take with me.
At 1, I headed to the office of the naturopathic doctor. Someone from Dad's care agency called me. He wanted to make an appointment to see Dad. He suggested Saturday and I thought that was fine. I called Dad to tell him, but had to leave a message. Then the doctor called me back. I gave her some nut cheese. She tested me for sensitivities to egg and found I wasn't totally clear yet. She said the test covers more than just what's in a chicken egg. Sigh. I told her the brain fog was getting worse and she said sometimes it gets worse before it gets better. After the treatment, I made an appointment for next week, paid and went home.
I drank a can of coconut water and headed to church with the red folder and blue bag. The place was empty. I turned on the computer. There was a pop-up that would not go away. I had to work around it and finally realized I could move it to the corner of the screen. I entered all the data for last Sunday. I printed out the reports it generated. Then I stopped by the bathroom, and headed to the farmer's market.
Faye called just as I was parking. She said Dad needed to talk to me. So I locked up the car, and stood at the edge of the lot. I called Dad and we talked about Saturday. I suggested he write himself a note, but he said there was no blank paper to write on. After the call, I walked up and down the parking lot, looking at the produce for sale. I got some lettuce and cucumbers. I also got heart: lamb, beef and pork. I put it in my car and went to the bank. I deposited the offering and collected the receipt.
When I got home, I checked the mail. There was one piece for Chris. On the way back to the house, I spied a piece of paper in our yard. It was a letter addressed to a former resident of this duplex. I wondered how it got there. It wasn't there this morning. I wondered if it got delivered to another house and they put it in their recycling and it blew out.
I ate a piece of chicken for lunch and swallowed the lunch supplements. William called to tell me about the vacuum cleaners. The cost to fix them was over $100 and he thought Kevin should pay it.
Then Chris came home. He said his interview went ok, but not great. He had nothing from the post office for me. He opened the bread machine to find a nicely risen loaf. Yea! I sewed up the straps for the apron kit that I picked up. I pressed the straps and started pressing the pockets.
I went for a walk around the block and behind the houses. I spied one blackberry bush, but it had no ripe berries. When I got back, I watered my plants. No ripe tomatoes today. I read e-mail for awhile. I took an enzyme, read some more, then made a salad with salad greens from the store and some from the market. I washed a cucumber to go with it. It also had bitter melon and pickled garlic. It was very good but took me a long time to eat.
Chris folded laundry until I was ready. Then we watched two episodes of ST:NG. I took my evening supplements and made ginger tea. Chris looked up some of the actors for me. Then he went to bed.
I stayed up to blog and drink tea.
* This is the apron kit. the fabric is covered in bees. *

No comments: