Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Achilles heel strikes again

It took at least an hour to fall asleep last night. I think I woke up once during the night, and then again early this morning. I started thinking 'what if...' statements and that about put me back to sleep.
I got up a little late. I prepared for a detox and fasting day. I listened to an episode of Love As Medicine summit. Dr. Lee called to tell me not to come today. He left a message that I could hardly decipher. But I did make out that he will call me next week.
I did my exercises while babying my left foot. There was a burning sensation at the back of my heel. It seemed familiar. I have been stretching my feet and calves a little more lately but was unable to avoid this somehow. I put on meditation music and tapped for close to an hour. I focused on not feeling well after I eat. Then I cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms, and read through my e-mail.
I got an e-mail saying my order of CBD oil had been delivered to my mailbox. So I put on wedge shoes and walked out to get it. When I opened the box, the bottle was pretty warm already. I am glad they sent an e-mail because otherwise I wouldn't have checked until later, and it might have spoiled in the heat.
I laid out in the sun. I looked in the shed for the box of grounding patches. I took a shower and got dressed. I finished the binding of the fandango quilt. Then I put on my regular shoes and went to the post office. I picked up mail and a Swansons package.
My foot wasn't getting any better so I decided to stay off of it. I used the rolling chair to get around the house. I sent Jennifer a text to say I wasn't coming to choir practice. I looked for epsom salts but could only find a little bit. I must have used up the big bag and forgot to get more. I called Stacey to see if she had any Epsom salts. She didn't, but said she would get me some.
I skipped choir practice. I searched the internet for suggestions for treating achilles tendonitis. I tried the laser, the tuning fork, the foam roller, and magnesium oil. I soaked my foot in salt water while listening to a book on CD. Then I laid down and may have dozed off a few times. When it was over, I started another CD and went through some bags I got last night. Then I sat at my laptop. I was in the middle of ordering something when I heard a knock at my door. I sat on the wheeled chair to roll to the door. It was Stacey with a bag of Epsom salts! We chatted for some time, and then Chris skyped me so she left. I talked to Chris for a bit and we agreed to talk again tomorrow night.
I took my evening supplements. I wanted to watch Royal Pains, but it was too late. I ordered grounding patches. I wrote my blog post and thought about doing an Epsom salt bath before going to bed.
* Another t-shirt quilt shown at the meeting last night. *

No comments: