Friday, September 13, 2019

Blanket Daze was sew-sew

When I laid down in bed last night, my lower back hurt. You would think the morning's chiropractic visit would have taken care of it. It took me over an hour to fall asleep.
I shut off my phone when the alarm sounded. I dallied a little bit, then got up. I adjusted the AC and turned the electricity back on. I moved the air purifier out to the livingroom. I played videos from the summits while I puttered around the house, getting ready for quilting. I had some fabric to gather up so I could donate it. At 10 I prepared the bone broth, and collagen, then made and ate breakfast. I filled a few water bottles and put moringa tea bags in them. I got dressed and moved my stuff to the car.
I drove to Blanket Daze, a two-day event to make quilts for Linus. I timed the trip on the way in so I would know when I had to leave to get to the post office. But the lights were timed to catch at every corner on the way in. I parked in the lot and rolled my machine to the church across the street. I put my seed crackers on the counter in front of the kitchen. There was a huge pile of quilts on a table and underneath it. These had been made since the last Blanket Daze and were now dropped off. I wished I hadn't forgotten my camera! Also, the crowd of ladies was the biggest I had ever seen there. Tina indicated a table where I could set up. Three people had occupied it earlier, but had left. Gee whiz, it's not yet noon!
I set up, but spent some time talking to the ladies I knew from Renegades. Then I got out the stack-n-whack blocks of sushi. It was easy to chain-piece the little stacks of six wedges together. At noon, Tina announced lunch. I was still digesting breakfast, but I got a plate and took a little bit of salad and tuna and cheese and pineapple. After eating, I resumed sewing (and chatting). Tina brought around slips of paper for people to write their names for a drawing. In fact, she had thirteen prizes to hand out. I got a kit for a project I didn't want, but the fabric was nice. Ladies started leaving, most of them not coming back tomorrow so they took their machines with them. I kept sewing until all the wedges were made into hexagons. Then I went 'shopping' through all the donated fabric looking for semi-solid fabrics to go with the colors in the fabric. I ironed the pieces that I found and cut equilateral triangles from a bunch of colors. When there were only four of us left (and it was nearing 4) I gathered my project into a small space around my machine and bid the 3 other people goodbye.
I drove directly to the post office and picked up the mail. There were no packages, so I could have done it later. I went home and listened to some audios while I ate pieces of the rotisserie chicken. Then I brought one of my mowing shoes inside. Half of the bottom was missing. I removed the paper from a very long twist tie. I made holes in the show and threaded the wire in and out to ground it. Then I put my mowing shoes on and mowed half of the lawn, before plugging in the battery to recharge. I sat outside and read until it got too dark.
I had some sauerkraut, then I looked for Chris on skype. I started an episode of Royal Pains. I paused it when Chris called. We did not talk long because he had just come from the Friday attitude adjustment gathering and was going to the pool party with bubbles. He wanted to know if he should call me after the party, but when I said he could but he didn't have to, he took the out. I finished my show and took some evening supplements, turned down the AC and put the air purifier in the bedroom. Then I watched an episode of Frasier, and wrote my blog post while listening to Wholetones. I finished a video on Keto weightloss and went to bed.
* This is a panel quilt someone made for Linus. *

No comments: