Saturday, September 28, 2019

Sumac tea

I went to bed last night with the grounding cord stuck to my left foot. The stickers are quick and painless to remove from my feet, but slow and painful to remove from an arm. I also had the Qi Shield at the head of the bed, and my phone on the other side. I did not fall asleep as soon as I had hoped, and I did wake once during the night. The alarm woke me at 7:30 and I went back to sleep for one more cycle.
I got up around 8:30. I put laundry in the washer. I took the lamb heart out of the freezer to thaw. I went out to water the plants and found the tomatoes had aphids. I had some essential oil bug spray left and sprayed the plants with that. Then I sprayed a piece of yellow paper with basting spray and left it by the tomato, weighed down so it wouldn't blow away. It should attract aphids and keep them stuck.
I sewed strips to horse heads and made a panel. I soaked some sumac berries in a pitcher for tomorrow. I made the pre-breakfast mixes while listening to interviews. Before making breakfast, I tested my blood sugar at 92. I made up more spice mix, then assembled breakfast. I listened as I ate.
After breakfast, I sat out in the back yard, soaking up sun and reading the book Elaine gave me. The sun was so bright that it was hard to read. When I came in, I tested my blood sugar again and it was 103. I ate some seed crackers with the cauliflower dip, then ate a can of soup. I read e-mail for a bit. I took a salivary sample and packaged it for delivery to the testing company. I looked up Fedex boxes to find the nearest one.
I came across a recipe for cauliflower crackers and copied it to an e-mail to send to myself. But it was a lot of work because of all the ads that had to be deleted. Then I printed Vanco reports for next week. I ate a bag of blueberries that were getting freezer burn.
I took a walk, going the long way up the hill. A little dog came out of a house and ran after me although the owners were calling its name. I stopped and held out my hand. The dog sniffed it and then didn't want to go home. I resumed walking. I decided to come back another way so I went out by the busy road and got home about dark. I found a message from Stacey. I figured she was going to invite me over. One of the mums didn't look good, so I put it in a pot to soak. I gave the other plants more water.
I called Chris on skype. He got an invitation to an ox-tail and egg party, so we didn't talk long. Then I went to Stacey's house. We talked in her dining room, then sat outside and talked until after 9:30. She walked me half way home and watched me cover the last part. When I got in the house, I got dressed for bed, turned down the AC, and took my evening vitamins. I laid out more blocks for horse quilt while listening to a talk on depression. I paused it to write my blog post and listen to classical music. I decided to listen to brain wave entrainment before going to bed.
* Just horsing around with someone's leftovers. *

No comments: