Saturday, September 7, 2019

Charity Sort Day

I fell asleep in about an hour last night, which is an improvement. I woke with the alarm, but still stayed in bed a little longer. I got dressed and spent the morning listening to the next episode of the summit while I did little things around the house. I did two loads of laundry, the sound of which interfered with the interviews. I put more intense BWE on my mp3 player. I watered the plants. I listened to an interview about grounding (earthing) while I made and ate breakfast, then washed all the dirty dishes. I packed a few projects and a bottle of water. I headed out to quilt, stopping for coconuts at an Asian store.
When I got to the library where the sewing day is held, I brought in my machine and discovered no one was sewing. It was charity sew day. They were sorting through piles of donated fabric and scraps and making piles of coordinated fabrics that might be good together in a quilt. I misunderstood and took a bunch of fabrics and laid them out on a table. They remarked on it like a great work of art. Kelsi took a pic and I put all the pieces in a baggie which was given a number. Apparently I didn't need to actually arrange anything. We made up kits for people to take and do any arrangement they want. Amanda gave me fabric to share with anyone who is making quilts for nursing homes, and for Linus. Kelsi gave me scraps for dog beds. When most things had been kitted, I worked on someone's unfinished (or leftover) project until 4:45. Then the library announced it was closing. So we packed up and left.
I went home. There was no mail, but there were two packages waiting on my doorstep. I moved them and my stuff inside. I ate a piece of chicken. I put mustard on it to add taste. I opened one packaged to find a pendent that is supposed to have helpful properties. Whether it does or not, it has a 30 day guarantee. I watched some videos about it, then put it on.
I put a book and glasses in a bag and went for a walk. I went to the picnic table near the woods. I took off my shoes and placed my feet on the concrete under the table, then read for half an hour or so. I put on some IcyHot to keep the bugs away, but the ants didn't care. They crawled over my feet and invaded my shoes. It started to get dark so I packed up and went home.
When I got in, I saw Chris had called so I called him back. We talked for a little bit, but he was tired so we kept it short. Then I pulled up the e-mail from the library saying my book was due soon. I jumped through some hoops to renew it online. Then I made a salad and ate it while watching Royal Pains. Then I dressed the bed and put some of the laundry away. I turned down the AC and put the air purifier in the bedroom. Then I watched Frasier.
I hummed along to John Denver songs as I wrote my blog post and got ready for bed.

No comments: