Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Seek and ye shall find ... other stuff

It took me a long time to fall asleep last night. I did get up once, and then woke early. I tried to go back to sleep, but got up when the alarm went off.
I could smell the liver and chicken all over the house. I had left the crock pot running on low. I turned it off and put the liver and chicken and broth in jars in the fridge. I ate a fat bomb.
I got dressed and went for a walk. I stopped at the picnic table to read a book. At 11 I put the book down and went home. I made and ate breakfast. I searched for a small white box that I remembered having in Korean. I looked through boxes in the garage. I found a salt lamp, which I put in the living room, and I found the big red light bulb, which I can't remember why I wanted it. I also found small desk items thrown loosely into a big box, so I repackaged them. I brought some stuff into the house.
I washed up, put on fresh clothes, and went to church. I put the offering data in the contribution program. But there were no reports for online giving. I called the company but they would not talk to me because Art's name was on the account. I told them that he passed away, but they said I had to fill out some form, and then wait for it to process. I printed out the reports and made a note to the treasurer that there were no online giving reports.
Elaine was busy, so I went straight to the bank to make the deposits. Then I went to the farmer's market. I got some lamb heart, and ox-tail. She threw in buttermilk for free. From other booths I bought tomatoes and goat cheese. He said next week is the last week for the market for this year.
I went home and put the food away. I checked mail, but there was nothing. I watered the plants. I ate liver and chicken and read e-mail. I found the online form and filled it out, to put my name on the online giving reports as main contact.
Then I went to modern quilt guild meeting. I was a few minutes early and Kelci was doing a talk on Instagram. Jen talked to me about the challenge quilt. Then the meeting started. We had show-n-tell. I turned in two tops for charity and showed off the quilt-as-you-go. A lady did a presentation on t-shirt quilts. After the meeting several people brought me stuff for dog beds. Linda, our church secretary was there. She told me a new e-mail account was added and wondered if anyone told me that the online giving reports were going there? Headslap.
When I got home, I tried to call Dad, but my phone wouldn't connect and had no bars. It said emergency calls only. I called Chris on Skype. He called Consumer Cellular on his phone. The lady had me turn off my phone while she made some adjustments. When I turned it back on, I could not connect to the test number she gave me, but I was able to call Dad's answering machine.
After the skype call, I watched an episode of Royal Pains. It seemed like a season ender, but I found out it was the first episode of a new season. I typed up my blog, took supplements, and got ready for bed.
* this lady has been making t-shirt quilts for 17 years! *

No comments: