Friday, September 6, 2019

Relaxing and reading

It took probably 3 hours for me to fall asleep last night even though I did almost everything on the sleep list. I wondered if it was due to tracing my meridians, which should be a morning activity. So I slept in and got up late. I decided that 7:30 is not a good wake-up time because it almost always falls during a sleep cycle. But I can't think of a better one.
While getting dressed, I pulled out a pair of pants that would make a good pair of shorts. So I put on the next episode of the current summit and listened while I cut off the pants and hemmed them into shorts. It took a lot longer than I expected and the result was not as good as I had hoped. I also sewed one last row onto my quilt top.
I also had trouble with the desktop computer. Firefox kept crashing so I had to turn to Edge (or is it Explorer) instead. I used the laptop turned up to full volume until I could get the alternate browser working.
I took supplements on an every half hour schedule. I traced my meridians. I called Dad multiple times and concluded that his phone was off the hook. I called his cell phone and there was no answer. After a bit, I called it again and this time Patrick answered. He hung up the kitchen phone and I called back on that so Dad's cell phone could recharge.
I found water all over the countertop to the right of the sink. I was surprised to see it was coming from the Berkey on the left side. I had left the petcock open and the pitcher underneath got shoved over a bit. I cleaned it up. I laid out in the sun for awhile and almost fell asleep.
I started breakfast late because Dr. Berg says in his video to confine eating to a 6 hour window in order to resolve insulin resistance. The list of symptoms sounded pretty familiar to me.
In the afternoon, I went to the post office to mail a package and pick up mail. When I got home, I watered the plants, and got the house mail. Then I went for a walk, taking a book with me. On the way back, I stopped at the picnic table and read for some time. I did not have my watch with me, but stopped when I noticed it was getting dark. It was dark by the time I walked home. I felt more relaxed than usual.
I made a salad for supper and cleared some e-mail as I ate. I watched Royal Pains, then called Chris but he didn't answer. I watched Frasier, then called Chris again. This time he answered, having just come home from work. However, they had stopped working hours ago and were engaged in 'team building' which involved beer. Chris is usually a man of few words, but tonight he was downright loquacious. He finally hung up about 10:45. I wrote to my blog and got ready for bed.
* I think this is the final version - unless I think of another row to add. *

No comments: