Thursday, September 19, 2019

The newest (and oldest) addition to my collection

Last night I mixed some epsom salts in a bowl of water and sat in the kitchen soaking my foot while l listened to part of a book on CD. I paused it in the middle, and went to bed. It took a while to fall asleep, and I woke once during the night. I got up and ran into the door jamb trying to get to the bathroom, turning my thumbnail inside out. Ouch!
I went back to sleep, eventually. The alarm woke me at 7:30 but I think I dozed off. It was after 8 when I got up. There was no pain in my heel, but I put on the wedge shoes anyway. I did not use the rolling chair. I drank water, brushed and swished, and did a clearing for some meds I haven't taken since April, but am probably getting through the water supply.
I perused my e-mail. I listened to some podcasts. I put out two weeks of supplements. It was difficult because there were dosages left from last week since I don't always remember to take them. So I had to figure out what those leftovers were. I did as much as I could, but didn't have time to finish.
I got dressed and went to quilting. I took a handsewing project and my new glucose meter. There were not many ladies there. Christy was showing off her beautiful purple quilt. Both sides were pieced so it was hard to tell the front from the back. I brought a bag of quilt blocks from the modern guild and asked if anyone would like to use them. Several ladies looked at them, and then Pat took them. I asked her if she could show me how to use the glucose meter. She tried, but it was not the kind she was used to. So Rhonda came over and showed me how it worked. (She's a nurse.) She offered to do the test for me and I accepted. My blood tested at 78, which is pretty good for not having eaten since Tuesday. (Not eating is surprisingly easy.)
Then Rhonda asked if I still wanted the Singer Featherweight. Why yes, yes I do! She brought out one that she had cleaned and serviced. It had attachments and the case. It was in very good condition. She showed me how to wind the bobbin and load it in the machine. She talked about oil vs grease. I wrote her a check and it was mine. She said I should name it. My first thought was Anemone, but later I decided that was too modern for a machine from the '50's. Maybe Ruth?
I went home and checked the mail. Not much there. I put on my sneakers and walked around the circle, hesitant in case my foot started to hurt again. It did at one point and I slowed down. No more pain. When I got home, I finished the supplements and watered my flowers.
At 7 my tapping buddy called. We talked about our week, then we tapped for my eating issues. Chris called while I was talking to her because he forgot that this is tapping night. After the call, I called him back. We talked, but not for long because he was tired.
I listened to another podcast. While it played, I brushed my teeth and used the foam roller and massage ball on my back and legs. I also did some of my back exercises. I took my evening supplements and put on Wholetones while I wrote my blog post. Then I got ready for bed.
* Any ideas what to name her? *

No comments: