Monday, September 2, 2019

Thrifting and crashing

Last night I turned down the AC again. I tried to sleep but it took a long time. I think it was the kava capsules. I woke up once in the middle of the night, then slept until the alarm went off.
I got up right away because I understood that my new neighbors were coming at 8. So I got ready and went outside to water the flowers. I figured I would see them drive up. But no. I deadheaded the front petunia while watching their house. Then I saw Julia walk over there. So I followed her. When I got there, the three of us chatted about a hurricane, then Julia left. Heather asked if I was just hanging out. That's when I realized things were not as I thought them to be. I gave Heather my number and went home.
I started my usual morning routine, then got a text saying they were going to the thrift shop. So I walked out front and met her and her husband at the street. I climbed in the van and off we went. When we got there, there was a long line waiting for the doors to open. Thrift Mart was having a 50% off sale. We talked in line and then following the people inside. We split up. I checked for crock pots and there were none. I looked casually around the store, then met up with Heather. She was looking at clothes. Eventually her husband found us. Then she stood in line to pay, and after that, we all went back to our little neighborhood.
Being a holiday, the usual quilting was cancelled. But, I found some piecing to do. I tried to play interviews, but the tabs kept crashing. I did some searching until I came across the suggestion to restart Waterfox. Then I had to look up how to do that. But once I did it, the tabs were fine and I could play videos to my heart's content. I settled in to sew.
I had breakfast around 11:30 and lunch about 3:30. I took a walk down to the edge where the neighborhood meets the space and rocket center. I had brought my phone to check for signals and there was wi-fi from USSRC.
When I got home, I found some short videos to watch. The 5G summit is over so no more of them. But the Natural Medicine summit begins tomorrow. I had supper around 7. I am trying to go keto so I put lots of cheese and olive oil and egg on my salad. I looked up keto recipes and they all involved more cooking than I wanted to do.
I got a text from the lady who is quilting my red top. She said she isn't going to have it finished tomorrow after all and the price quoted is wrong. OooooooK. But she'll have it by next Tuesday.
When I finished an interview with a neuro-chiropractor, I called Dad to see how he was doing. Then Chris skyped me. He told me he had talked to Michele and she had flown to Seattle on a whim (and is now back home).
I watched one episode each of Royal Pains and Frasier. Ed Asner made a special appearance on Royal Pains. I almost didn't recognize him. I also used the massage ball while the shows were on. Then I turned down the AC and got ready for bed. I wrote my blog post and hoped to fall asleep quickly.

* Another quilt top made of leftovers. How do you like it? *

No comments: