Thursday, September 12, 2019

Where's the static when you need it?

I decided to read last night and it lasted too long. I am not sure how long it took to fall asleep. Judging by the half hour pieces playing on my mp3 headphones, it was more than half an hour. I think I slept well, and I woke up a little before the alarm went off.
I bustled around the house getting ready for the day. I listened to episode 9 of Natural Medicine summit. I got dressed and went to see the chiropractor. First they strapped me to a table to stretch my spine and put electrodes on my back. The electrodes felt kind of good, but I was still stiff when it was time to get off the table. I was put in exam room 3. When the doctor came in, I gave him a jar with some dried poke berries in it. He did some adjustments on my neck and spine. I went to the front desk and the lady said I still had a credit from before. I asked how much it would be if I didn't have a credit and she said $3.41. I guess my credit will last for a long time. She made me an appointment for next month.
I went home, and made breakfast. After fasting all day yesterday, it really was a break fast. Then I cut red strips and went to quilting. I set up by Marjorie, where I would have some room to spread out. She explained how she does binding, and even had a sample made up. I sewed the longest binding strips together and finger pressed it in half. Then I started sewing it on. Marjorie and Charlotte looked on and gave advice.
There were two featherweights in the corner of the room which I heard Rhonda had just bought from Angela (who runs an estate sale service.) I indicated that I would like to buy one and she agreed to sell me one for $400 after she checked it out and lubed it. I was pleased.
On the way home, I stopped at Whole Foods for an organic rotisseried chicken. Lucky for me, there was one left. It smelled so good on the way home. I ate some of the chicken, which could have been juicier but was better than the last rotisseried chicken that I bought.
I made seed crackers. While they baked, I looked up separating salt from plastic to get microplastics out of my sea salt. I found nothing. I thought static electricity might work, but I was unable to generate any.
When the seed crackers were done, I watered the flowers, then went for a walk. I stopped to read and finished the book, then walked home. I was a little tired so I laid down for a nap. It was 6:30 when I got up. I made a salad and was still eating it when Nell called. We talked for half an hour before we got down to tapping business. About 8:30 we finished up. I called Chris on skype, but he didn't answer. I did a clearing for the pendant. Then I remembered that Chris had texted me that the power was off where he was. So I called Chris' phone. Still no answer so I left a voice message and a text.
Having done all I could to contact him, I watched an episode of Royal Pains and massaged my calves and one kidney meridian point. Afterward, I saw skype texts from Chris, so I called him. It got him out of bed to answer. We talked briefly. He thought I shouldn't worry about microplastics in my sea salt.
Then I sat down to write my blog post before going to bed.
* Laura made this for Renegades. *

No comments: