Sunday, November 10, 2019

A nice day in November

Last night I fell asleep sooner than usual. It might have been the motherwort I just started taking at night. I got up once during the night. Then when I woke up ( 2 minutes before the alarm), the sleep app gave me a score of 93. Snoring was recorded around the time I got up to go to the bathroom, so I think it mis-interpreted what it heard.
I turned on the electricity and the router. I put on a podcast to listen to. I learned that phytocannabinoids look a lot like our endocannabinoids, and so are taken up by our endocannabinoid receptors. Different symptoms respond to different combinations of THC and CBD. Terpenes can also affect our endocannibinoid system.
I took a shower, and washed the vodka from my hair. I got dressed and drank some protein powder mix. I took my coat, not certain how cold it was, and went to church. The choir warmed up early to make time for a half hour prelude of patriotic music. The last piece was Stars and Stripes, played by three ladies on the same grand piano. We all applauded. But I thought it would have been better played on organ with the trombone and piccolo stops.
Afterward, we had a service without communion. The sermon about the military doing what needs to be done in this world and praying for peace in the next. The pastor wore his dress blues. After the service, the organist played the service themes and military people stood at appropriate times. Susan asked me to put the offering in the safe because Lars wasn't there. I talked to a number of people after church, including Jennifer who decided to get a dozen eggs after all. Scott invited us to lunch on Thanksgiving. I thanked him and said we'd be out of town. In the fellowship hall, there was a coffee hour and lots of pictures of members in military uniforms.
Then I went to Publix for groceries. The man who carried my bags out is from Haiti. Chris likes to speak French to him, so I did. But he told me he likes Spanish and not French. I made a note to tell Chris. I couldn't converse in Spanish, but Chris won't have a problem.
When I got home, I changed my clothes, and put groceries away. I set out two mold plates, one in the livingroom and one in the kitchen. I ate a few seed crackers and made breakfast. I hung mums up and put plants out where they could get some light (after checking the weather again). After an hour, I capped the mold plates and labeled them. Then I opened the doors to get fresh air. It was so nice that I read outside, and finished the book. Then I watered plants out front. I talked to Faye. She is very tired. I put on a podcast. I opened up the first yogurt maker, but I didn't find any loose connections. I guess there is no saving it, but I hate to throw away a new product.
I put out three more mold plates: one in the fabric room, one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. I threw out the flowers from several weeks back, and the moldy dried sweet potatoes that were even older. I hard boiled a dozen eggs. I picked dandelion, and made a salad. I ate it while reading e-mail. I capped the last three mold plates and taped all 5 of them shut. I wrapped the stack in tinfoil and put them back in the box. I have to let them grow for several days before sending them back.
Chris called on the phone. I told him all about my day. Afterward, I took magnesium and Kavaplex. I listened to a podcast while working on strip sets. I didn't get very far because my sewing glasses were nowhere to be seen. I brushed my teeth. I read about hot flashes signaling the need to urinate. Lots of ladies had it but no one had an answer.
I watched two episodes of Frasier. I wrote up my blog post and got ready for bed.
* This is the foot pedal adapter that I was enamored of yesterday. *

No comments: