Monday, November 11, 2019

Bertha's Blocks

I had a hard time sleeping last night. My digestive system was a little irritated. After some time, I concluded that it was having trouble with the kale, even though I ate supper early.
I woke before the alarm went off. My sleep score showed as 0. I found my sewing glasses on the dining room table. I turned on the router and rebooted my computer. My phone needed recharging so I plugged it in. Then it changed my sleep score to 100. I called Fedex to schedule a pickup. The man who answered assured me it would be picked by between noon and 1.
I made up a bottle of vitamin water. I cut backing for the strip set. I made salad for breakfast, so I could digest the kale early. I did more sewing and listening, then meditated with Deepak.
Around 11 I prepared my usual breakfast. I put the package out to be picked up. Then I got dressed, and went to quilting. I helped others obsess over Bertha's block arrangement. Every time she took a picture, one of us made a change. Thankfully Lauri was there to move the top blocks. I made lots of tiny pinwheels, then put them in a row. Then Carolyn and I packed up and headed out.
I tried to go to the post office, but that gate was closed, which reminded me that it was a holiday. So I went to the other gate and drove home. My package was still sitting on the front porch. I was so mad. I called Fedex and the guy said the driver left a note saying that he came at 8:21 and there was no package. I don't get that – pickup at the box by the post office is at 3. Why did he come so early? Since I was home, why didn't he knock? So I scheduled a pickup for tomorrow. It is supposed to be freezing all day so the package can sit out with no risk of melting. I, however, am just furious.
I ate some yogurt, a few baby carrots, seed crackers with salsa, and a coconut. Because it will be freezing tomorrow, I put the plants in the garage and brought in the pumpkin. After all, there are no songs about Frosty the Pumpkin.
I worked on a blue and white feathered star project that someone donated to Linus. It was tiny. I sewed while listening to a podcast from the Pain Relief World Summit. I ground some coconut flakes in my coffee grinder. I put it in a baggie. In another baggie went cacao powder. I took the liver and baggies over to Stacey. I helped her bring in her plants. We talked until her husband came home. He opened the food bag like on Chopped, and pulled out the ingredients. He said it would be easy to make something with it. Stacey and I talked some more. Then I walked home.
I listened and sewed tiny half square triangle blocks. Chris called my phone. The internet in his temp quarters isn't working. He and Herberth went out to lunch today and heard Christmas music playing. I tried to call Faye after that, but her phone went to voicemail. I meditated. I continued sewing until it was time to write up my blog post and get ready for bed. I checked the weather, then put the package outside. It was raining and almost freezing. There may not be much going on tomorrow.
* We had so much fun rearranging her blocks. *

No comments: