Monday, November 18, 2019

I FOUND IT!

I got to bed later than usual last night. My back was not happy, so I did some tapping, not sure that it would help. But when a hot flash hit and I had to get up, my back gave me no trouble. Sadly, it was only the first of many hot flashes. I don't know why they have come back with a vengeance and mostly at night. Then Chris' alarm went off at 5. But he stayed in bed. I cuddled with him because he was cold and he said we needed a comforter on the bed. (That would be me, right?)
He got up at 6:30 when my alarm went off. I got up at 7. We interacted a little bit before he left. Then I started my morning routine, making mixes and turning on the router – which by the way is now sending out a signal as Chris requested.
I tried to write lyrics to Frosty the Pumpkin in my head as I brushed and swished. Then I sat down to read e-mail. I also finished off the last of the liver, and a packet of tuna.
I listened to podcasts while I tried again to print out perfect half inch flying geese. But whether it was scanned or copied, it did not come out right. Part was too light so I traced it darker with a pencil, but then it wasn't quite as accurate.
I listened to 5 meditations from Deepak, trying to catch up. And then Chris came home from work. They took his computer away when he left 5 months ago and now he has to wait to get it reinstated. He called the dealership to see about getting the part his car needs, while I sat outside barefoot and read for over half an hour. It was a little chilly but the sun was nice.
I came inside and made breakfast. Chris was cooking spelt. It was time to get dressed, which meant getting undressed first. And that's where Chris came in. Like in Go Fish, he got his wish. But after a good nap, I got dressed and left him sleeping.
I went to the bank to get cash for our trip, plus extra to pay for the quilt I am picking up tomorrow. When I got back, he was eating pea soup that he had just made and saying it would be better with bacon. I went to the freezer and got a baggie of bacon pieces that were left over from when Pastor Feig cooked the beef heart for me. Chris put some in his soup and the rest went into the fridge. I ate a can of bean soup for supper, and then a bowl of the pea soup that Chris made. I called Michele to see how she was doing. She was able to keep liquids down, but still afraid to eat. We talked about curtains for her new place, and a sewing machine. I have the perfect one, complete with fancy stitches, a set of presser feet, the manual, and a dust cover. But in spite of months of searching, I could not find the foot pedal anywhere.
I searched online for a replacement foot pedal. But there was absolutely nothing with the same 4-pin arrangement, not for any brand of machine. It must be the rarest machine in the world – a 1984 Montgomery Ward. I looked through boxes of curtains to see what might be good for Michele. I ate some anti-aging yogurt, then decided that searching my sewing room had to be easier and quicker than searching the internet. Finally! Finally I found it. I came out triumphant, holding it aloft so Chris could see. I felt like the old woman in the Bible who searched for her lost coin and celebrated finding it.
When Chris was ready, we watched “Are you there?” starring Michael Caine. It was not a great movie. It got off to a slow start, and didn't get much better. After that, I took my evening supplements. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* See all the tiny flying geese this pattern calls for? *

No comments: