Saturday, November 9, 2019

Blanket Daze - Day 2

I had trouble falling asleep last night. It might have been the Kavaplex, or obsessing over the Korean doctors knowing so little about running a business. I got up once during the night and it took a while to go back to sleep. The alarm woke me at 6:30. I got up soon after. My sleep app gave me a score of 83. I turned on the router. I threw a load of laundry in the washer, then got dressed. I wanted a long sleeved shirt, but could not find my winter tops. I put on an podcast about environmental toxins while I made more green mix, and did some chores in the kitchen. I put my pillow in the dryer to get it hot and hopefully kill any mites that might be in there.
I moved the laundry to the dryer. I ate the last of the turkey, and washed the dishes and utensils lying around the kitchen. Then I made breakfast. I heard the speaker on the summit say there are no recorded cases of anyone dying from overdosing on cannabis.
I folded laundry, then got dressed and moved my machine to the car. I went to quilting at Blanket Daze. When I walked up to the church, the Linus sign was out. Inside, my machine was already set up from yesterday, so I sat down and started sewing. Virginia, the queen of the fabric, slipped more small blocks into my pile. I chatted with Lynette and Laura as we all sewed. I admired Judy's foot pedal gadget and she said her husband made it. It holds a featherweight foot pedal and has an overlay like a gas pedal so it is easier to use.
Tina announced lunch and we went to the counter to pick up food. I took some of the bean and chicken soup. I had an apple and an orange in my purse, so that was lunch. And I went back to sewing. Lynette said the weather outside was lovely so I stood out in the sun for awhile.
There were not as many ladies today as yesterday and they started leaving earlier. Around three I started packing up. It was a long process to create order out of the chaos of small blocks and strips that I had created. There were plenty of baggies, so I sorted and filled, then put them in the bag that held the rug Tina gave me. I also bought her last dozen of eggs since I won't see her again until January.
Laura gave me a bag of batting scraps so I can do quilt-as-you-go strips. I was able to carry everything to the car in one trip, but it made my foot hurt. Maybe I should have stayed to help pack up all the many tubs of fabric and put the tables back in place, but I didn't have the energy. I rested a minute, then drove home.
When I got home, I looked at my plants. The pepper plant was a goner. The fern didn't look too good. But the ones on the porch seemed to be ok. I ate some seed crackers, then sat out in the backyard enjoying the last of the sun. When I came in, I put a sweet potato in the toaster oven to cook.
I talked to Kurt, who had just finished one step in the process of erecting a ham radio antenna. Then I called Faye who was trying to play chess with Dad. He was tired so did not do well. Then she had to go. Afterward, I dealt with e-mail, and crafting replys.
I put on the next episode of Royal Pains and used the massage ball. Halfway through, Chris called on the phone. He is now staying in temp quarters while his successor gets comfortable in the regular ones. There is no running water or bathroom in temp quarters. We talked about where to put the mold test dishes, then promised to talk again tomorrow.
I finished watching Royal Pains. I took supplements, then watched an episode of Frazier. I brushed my teeth, and wrote my blog post. Then it was time for bed.
* A quilt top turned in for Blanket Daze. *

No comments: