Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Monday the 25th


Sunday night I got to bed late and was too tired to write a blog post. But there wasn't time in the morning either. I got up to help Faye get Dad ready for the day. Darleen hung around for a little while, then went home. We got Dad up and to the bathroom, where we cleaned him up and got him dressed. We walked him to the kitchen table for breakfast. But he kept having to pee. And every time, we went through the difficulty of getting him standing on his feet. He was very stiff and not bending at the knees or hips. So he was leaning back most of the time.
I made and ate my breakfast. Faye fed Dad cereal and fruit. I fed him fat bombs and boiled eggs. We put Dad in the lounger that both reclines and helps the sitter stand up. We practiced standing, but it was difficult.
We took Dad to the dentist at 4. We had to start early because it took so long to get him up, into the wheelchair, and in the car. At the office, we reversed that. He was seen pretty quickly. The attendant examined his dentures and cleaned them. She also put in new rubber gaskets. Another assistant helped take him to the car and get him in the passenger seat. She said he reminded her of her own dad.
We went to see David the trainer. I took Dad in while Faye parked the car. Then I paid while David took Dad to the machines and set him up on a feet and arm exerciser. Faye was pleased to see Dad smile as he did the exercise. And he did well. He did not seem weak. But we were late so our time ran out early. Then we took Dad home for supper, and bathroom breaks. Faye and I went through clutter and did some organizing. Darleen came again for the night. She slept in the room with Dad. Faye and I stayed up talking in the livingroom. Then I went into the bathroom to change into night clothes. Patrick had left his underwear and dirty clothes on the bathroom floor. Since I had already told him once to pick it up and he had assured me that he had, I was mad and too tired to control it. He was watching TV in the den, where he usually falls asleep, leaving the Tv running all night. I loudly called him by his entire name, and informed him on no uncertain terms that he was going to pick up his dirty clothes. He did it immediately. Faye covered her mouth and nearly died laughing. Then we both laid down and went to sleep.

No comments: