Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Another Failure for Fedex

I took me awhile to fall asleep last night. I don't know if I ate something that took too long to digest, or what. I slept in until 7, then got up. I got started on my morning quart of water. Then I brushed and swished. I checked e-mail. I made a salad with no kale. I ate a pomegranate after that.
I checked the front porch – the Fedex package still there. I read e-mail. I worked on the blue and white feathered start. My phone made strange sounds so I rebooted it. And the package still there. I listened to podcasts from the Anxiety Summit. I did a tapping video, then made breakfast. And the package was still there.
After some more sewing, I went to church. I recorded all the checks and cash on paper, then added it up. Strangely, my phone was slow to recognize the digits as I typed them in. I printed the reports, then dropped off eggs and cans of food. I took the cash and checks to the bank for deposit.
When I got home, the package was still there. I called Fedex. First I had to get the automated system to turn me over to a live person, who insisted that someone might yet come before 6. I asked for a supervisor and was turned over to customer service. That man told me there was a note saying the driver came just after noon and said there was no package. I told him I put the package out last night, so either the driver went to the wrong house or he wasn't looking. I asked if I could just put it in the drop box in front of the post office. The customer service said yes and there would be an early morning pickup. I also asked to file a complaint and he gave me a confirmation number for it. Then I drove the package to the drop box. Had I known it would come to this, I could have dropped it off last Thursday. Afterward, I went into the post office to check our mail: no packages but a few envelopes.
When I got home, I checked the house mail. There was a bill from Minol. It said we didn't have to pay when the balance is less than $50. I sent the info to Chris. I listened to another podcast while I ate a can of soup and some anti-aging yogurt. I filled out paperwork for the mold test plates. I had to e-mail some questions that it raised. I watched another tapping video.
Chris called on Skype. I could see his temp quarters. They looked pretty modern, but did not have running water in the kitchen and no bathroom. It's a good thing it is warm there so he doesn't have to brave the cold at night to go pee. He says they are going to tear down the temp quarters in the not too distant future. He also said Minol charges fees for unpaid balances even though it says you don't have to pay now.
I called Faye, who was on her way to see Dad. I read e-mail, and took my evening supplements. I watched one episode of Frasier, then called Faye again. Dad was sleeping so she talked quietly. But then he woke up to pee and wanted to take a walk. I hung up so she could interact with him. Then I wrote up my blog post and got ready for bed.
* This is one of the Linus quilts from Saturday. *

No comments: