Friday, November 8, 2019

Blanket Daze Day 1

I heard the alarm go off at 6:30, but I stayed in bed until it rang again at 7:30. I did not want to get up. The sleep app gave me a score of 84 and said I was in bed for over 9 hours.
I followed the usual morning routine. I brushed and swished. I made vitamin water and turned on e-mail. There was a message from the lab that said to mail my sample on Monday. I listened to podcasts while I ate turkey and put on the Air Doctor (then turned it off so I could test for mold later (which didn't happen anyway)). I swept the kitchen floor again. I started making breakfast. The yogurt maker finished. I stirred the yogurt and put it in the fridge. I finished eating breakfast. I filled a water bottle, then took my machine out to the car. I felt like I was forgetting something.
On the way to Blanket Daze, I got stuck waiting for a train that wasn't moving. I could kind of tell that there was another train behind it that was moving. It seemed to take a lot of time for the second train to get out of the way. Then we waited again for the first train to move. Lots of people turned around and went somewhere else. But finally the line moved forward and I got to the church at 11:30 or so.
I set up my machine on a table that Tina vacated so I would have a spot. All other spots were taken. I showed off my stack-n-whack quilt, and got a lot of positive comments on it. Someone cut a backing for it, and I turned it in. Now projectless, I talked to the queen of the fabric collection. She directed me to a table of 'kits': bags which contained fabrics which might be a quilt in progress. I chose one with tiny hst's, and nine-patches. I bought a carton of eggs from Tina.
The ladies set out lunch. I contributed the bag of dried jujube fruits that the doctors gave me. I realized it wasn't labeled, which is probably violates some labeling laws. There must have been 6 kinds of soup. I tried two of them which seemed to be mostly meat and vegetables. I skipped the cheesy ones.
I cut and sewed pieces to make more tiny blocks. Tina collected our names on pieces of paper for a drawing. After the drawing, she showed off a 'rug' she bought on Amazon or Ebay that was nothing like what she expected. She was warning us to be careful of buying things online. I went over to see her rug, which was made of foam. I liked it. So she gave it to me and said it was my door prize.
I sewed tiny hst's into small pinwheels while taking to Lynette and Laura. I did a lot of trimming. My plan was to add really big sashing so these tiny blocks would make a quilt. Kurt texted me a pic of the machine that took platelets out of his blood. I guess there isn't much else to do in a situation like that. Then 4 pm rolled around and I had to go check the mail. Since the event continues tomorrow, I left my machine there and ironically the eggs and rug as well.
I made good time getting to the post office where I picked up two Swanson packages. I came home and checked the house mail. Then I checked e-mail. Housing sent a freeze warning and asked us to have the faucets drip tonight. So I went out to set the faucets on drip. I ate a can of soup, and a packet of tuna. I was still cold, so I heated the last of the onion soup. I meant to do laundry but didn't have the energy. I read more e-mail, and then got a message from my tapping buddy.
I had forgotten that we were tapping tonight instead of last night. She didn't have any issues, so we worked on wording for her future website. After the call, I called Chris. I told him about the Korean doctors not knowing they had to pay sales tax or use tax. He told me that most doctors hire someone to do that and that I should not do it unless they pay me $50 an hour. Darn it Jim, I am a mathematician, not an accountant.
There was no time for watching TV. I got dressed for bed, and typed up my blog. I drank the last of the vitamin water. I unpacked the Swanson boxes and called it a night.
* This is the final form of the stack-n-whack top. In all likelihood I will never see it quilted. *

No comments: