Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Failure to pay taxes

Last night I set the sleep app on my phone to track my slumber. In the morning, I did two rounds of breath work before getting out of bed after the alarm rang. My sleep score was 94, which sounds pretty good, even if it didn't feel quite that good.
I brushed and swished. I made coffee. I exercised and drybrushed. I listened to two meditations from Deepak. I did a lot of tapping as well. Then, since it was so sunny, I sat outside IN MY BATHING SUIT and read for awhile. I came in and took a shower, then I cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen. I also wiped up the spots on the floor that the garbage bag left when I dragged it around the house collecting trash. It must have had a hole in it.
I ate some turkey. I found packages on my front porch. One was another test kit. I opened it and read the directions. This one asks for an early morning urine sample and no drinking after 6. Sigh.
I took a bottle of my vitamin water with me to the Korean clinic. He had two things for me to do. One was to fill out an online form so he could send fingerprints to somewhere in the state of Texas. But the other one was a letter saying they would take legal action if he didn't pay his county sales taxes for last year. He wanted me to fix it. I made a phone call. She said to go online and set up an account, then pay three taxes: state, county and city. It sounded so easy, but when I got to the site, the choices I needed were not there, or they asked for numbers we didn't have. We went to an alternate site to pay the county taxes. It wasn't easy, but eventually I figured it out. But the other two could not be paid that way. Also, he didn't seem to have any receipts to show me. He just gave me a round figure estimate. I don't know what to do if anybody questions the amount. Thankfully the county only asked for half a percent.
It was after 4 when I threw up my hands because I couldn't figure out how to pay the state taxes. He wanted me to have a foot bath then, but I needed to get to the post office before it closed. She gave me a bag of dried jujube fruit. Then I left, and went to pick up my package at the post office. I took it home and opened it. It contained supplements that I ordered two weeks ago. It has never taken this long, and I was so glad to see the vitamin D3.
I ate seed crackers with salsa, and a can of organic soup. I also mixed some chia seed in yogurt. I poured some of the anti-aging yogurt in a jar for Jennifer. I washed out 4 or 5 pairs of footies.
Then it was time for choir practice, so I put on a pair of long pants and put the jar of yogurt in my purse. I drove in the dark to the church. I arrived seconds behind Stacey. We could have come together! Cecily was playing her flute in the sanctuary, but practice hadn't started yet. I gave the yogurt to Jennifer. Then we warmed up, went through a few songs and sang the one for Sunday. After practice, I showed Jennifer how I use the juicer. She is all excited about juicing celery.
I went home, leaving Stacey to practice with Tamara. I dissolved some magnesium citrate in a small amount of water and drank it. I called Chris on Skype. We talked for a little bit, but his fan was still making annoying screeches, so we called it a night. I looked for a binder clip to fix the other side of my monitor. (now both sides are broken) I texted Faye to get an update on Dad. She said they want to keep him for two more weeks. I also texted with Beverly as I typed up my blog post. I really wanted a drink of water, but that would affect the test sample tomorrow. I looked at the weather for tomorrow. It is going to be raining hard. Not a fun day to take my machine out quilting.
Well, the day is over and it is time to set my sleep app and go to bed.
* From the HQH quilt show. *

No comments: