Tuesday, November 19, 2019

The blue quilt and the mold test

Chris got up with my alarm. I never heard his. I waited until I heard him leave, and then I got up.
I couldn't remember how to make the calcium hydroxyapatite mix. Only two ingredients, but what is the other one? I suspected it was baking soda. So I made more of that mix, and also the spirulina and chlorella mix, plus vitamin water. Then it was time to brush and swish.
I looked at my electrical stim unit to see if it was working today, but no, still not charging. I checked e-mail. Then I got dressed and went to quilting.
The ladies were all lined up filling stockings for the veteran's home. But I was supposed to pick up my quilt so I went over to that lady. I didn't realize that she brought quilts for a number of people so I had to wait in line. When she held up my blue quilt, it was awesome. I handed her $120 for the quilting and trimming. She said the trimmings were in the bag with the quilt. About that time, the ladies who were stuffing stockings finished. So I missed out on that. Then Beverly arrived. She showed us pictures from her daughter's reception on Friday. (I thought it was on Saturday.)
Around 11 they were getting out food for lunch. I said my goodbyes, and went home. I opened the garage door so the plants could get more light. I ate a can of soup, then sat out in the sun and read for awhile. It was windy so I put the chair in the corner of the yard where the fence protected me from the wind.
When I came in, I made and ate breakfast. I read some more e-mail, then closed the garage door, and went to church to count the money. Lars was still out of town, so I did the part he normally does, and then the data entry. Elaine came a little before I was ready. After I finished the reports, we did our allergy clearing thing and talked about various health topics. We agreed to meet again in two weeks, then I went to the bank to deposit the money.
When I got home, Chris was already there, having gotten the mail from the post office and the mailbox on his way home from work. There wasn't anything I needed to keep. I ate nuts and seed crackers and a packet of tuna. I checked my blog to see what I had worked on in the last month. I took the feathered star and went to see the Modern Quilt Group.
The parking lot was full when I got there. We were meeting in a slightly different space and it was crowded. I thought I was 10 minutes early, but I got the last seat. I talked to Susan and Carol. The meeting spot was surrounded by bolts of fabric, so I had trouble concentrating on the meeting. We started off with a presentation from a Handi-quilt instructor. It was ok, but I kept asking questions that I knew the answers to just to make sure she didn't leave anything out. I didn't think she was very good at explaining things.
Anyway, then we had the business portion of the meeting. The presentation by the treasurer went long. I kept getting distracted by the purple fabrics. Finally the president said we didn't have time for show-n-tell. But after hearing the outcry, she relented. I showed off my feathered star and took pics of what other people brought. Then the meeting was over, but I got caught up in conversations.
Finally I went outside, called Chris to let him know I was on my way home, then went home. He was watching something on his computer. I drank some vitamin water and some vinegar water. He reconnected the small laptop to the TV and called up Netflix while I ate a small bowl of anti-aging yogurt. We watched one episode of Royal Pains. He didn't seem to care for it, but then he didn't have all the background material. I tried to explain it.
Then he went to bed and I stayed up to catch up on e-mail. My mold test results came in. I read about the kinds of mold that grew on the plates. Then I wrote to my blog and went to bed.
* How can anyone concentrate on a meeting when there are so many wonderful bolts in the vicinity? *

No comments: