Saturday, November 2, 2019

I passed the test

I slept through the night and woke a little before the alarm. There was frost on grass. I turned on the router and the electricity. The Korean doctors told me to eat before 9 so I ate some of the heart and turkey. But then the rest of my morning schedule was off-track. I swished for 20 minutes. I read e-mail. I sewed some strips together to get the project ready to take to quilting. I threw a colored load of laundry in the washer, and then ate my usual breakfast. I was worried about being late, so I put the laundry in the dryer, and my machine in the trunk, and I went to quilting.
Before I got there, I realized I hadn't brought a bottle of water. After I got there, I realized I hadn't brought the project. I sat with the ladies while they finished lunch. Then I set up my featherweight. Kerry said I could sew some of the charity blocks together. I did the ones I could, but they had to be done in a particular order and some of the blocks hadn't come back yet.
I talked to the ladies near me. At one point I smelled something burning and I noticed the light was out. I unplugged my machine. When Denise finished her block, I sewed it into row C and then sewed rows B, C, and D together. First and last rows still had blocks missing. Then I started making hanging towels. But before I could finish even one, the others were packing up. So I did as well because it was later than I thought.
On the way home, I stopped by CVS to get an a1c test kit. Then I went to the post office, hoping for mail, but there was none. Then I went home to check the house mail. Nothing great there, either. I picked dandelion in back yard. While it soaked, I ate heart and turkey. It was good even cold, and made my hands smell like smoke. Then I made a dandelion salad.
I pulled out the yogurt, but it wasn't solid at all. I fished out the hard pieces which were the coconut fat and put them in a dish. I heated it over the teapot until the hard parts melted, then I stirred them back into the yogurt, hoping to thicken it.
I threw a 2nd load of laundry, this time white. I folded the first load, and listened to a podcast on sleep. Chris called on Skype. We talked for awhile. He promised to send me his flight schedule. I heated some water and dissolved baking soda in it. I poured it over the right side of my head. It worked really well for getting rid of the itch the last time I did it.
I read the test instructions and watched the a1c test video several times. I texted with Faye, then took the test, but used my own lancet because I couldn't tell how theirs worked. After 5 minutes, I got a 4.4. According to their test range, that is normal. I was relieved because a bad score would have kept me up all night. I dressed the bed in blue sheets and put the folded laundry away. I was going to watch Frasier, but it was late. So I put on some classical music and wrote my blog post.
* A quilt from the show last month. *

No comments: