Wednesday, November 13, 2019

The memory test

Last night I listened to a tapping audio while stretching and ironing. I tapped in the appropriate places. When it was over, I went to bed. I got up once during the night, which should have stopped the hot flashes. It did for awhile, but they came back. So I didn't go back to sleep after that. I also did not get up at 6:30 when the alarm went off.
I got up at 7:15. I stood in the sunshine streaming in the kitchen window. I prepared a bottle of vitamin water. I also made coffee. I left it on to simmer, but the flame went out, and the gas was still on. Luckily I came back in the few minutes to check. I wondered if I should complain about the stove.
I checked e-mail. The vitamin water triggered a niacin flush so I did my exercises early. Then I rebounded and drybrushed. I got an e-mail with my Lyme test results – no Lyme or co-infections found.
I did the usual detox with tapping and meditation. Then I cleaned the bathrooms, and read e-mail. I cleaned the kitchen, and took a shower. I got dressed and ran the vacuum. I called Immunolytics to get details on mailing the mold plates. Only the fabric room plate is showing mold today.
I made and ate breakfast while listening to a tapping audio of the summit. Then I went to the Korean clinic. She excitedly told me she negotiated a lower rent (for now). I double checked items for his Texas certification. Then he prepared me a foot bath. While I was relaxing, a patient sat and talked to me until his wife came to get him. After the foot bath and massage, Dr. Lee gave me a box of onion juice.
I stopped at the post office on the way home. There was supposed to be a package, but there wasn't. Then I went to the library and got a book. I went home and there was no package there either. I checked e-mail, and listened to an audio. I ate yogurt and some sprouts.
I went over to Stacey's house with my choir folder and a book on brain health. There were a series of tests in the book and she read them to me so I could test my memory. Around 6 her husband was ready to serve. He had cooked liver coated in cacao and in coconut. I liked the coconut better, but both were interesting flavors. He also made brussel sprouts and beets. Stacey and I ate, and the three of us talked until it was time to leave for choir practice. He shooed us out and cleaned up and made his own supper.
Stacey drove us to choir practice. The choir sang a few songs together for December, then the men left and the ladies practiced a song for Sunday. I didn't like it. Stacey stayed late to sing with the drummer. The organist told me a story about a mountain lion found stalking her dogs. (She lives here on post).
When Stacey was ready, we went back to her house. She read me the last part of the test and we went through the scoring. I got a low score on the working memory part, but did well on the other parts. Then we got into a discussion of schedules and trying to coordinate too many things.
It was after 11 when I headed out, with my book and an insulated bag of beets, brussel sprouts, and liver. When I got home, I put the food away, then sat down to write my blog post. I didn't set the sleep app on my phone last night because it didn't have enough charge. I forgot to charge it today, so no sleep app again tonight.
* This is one of the Linus quilts. *

No comments: