Sunday, May 24, 2020

And we arrive...

I got up after first alarm to take charcoal and a binder. I got up after second alarm to get dressed and read latest e-mail. I turned on my phone to check for messages or missed calls. I took more supplements, and listened to Ron Paul. I remembered Sayer Ji talking about how the army spent 660 million dollars on temp hospitals and most were never used. Perhaps they could house the homeless?
I watched our church video, then one on relaxing the vagus nerve. I ate breakfast and packed up the food boxes. Chris ate his leftovers from last night. He made several trips to the car with luggage. Then we got on the road.
We listened to the book on CD while driving to Richmond. We stopped once at a rest stop. We arrived around 4. Michele was there. Cecily gave me the talk about separate washcloths and towels for Chris and I plus separate washbowls, though we will share the same toilet. Anyway, we visited a little bit, then I went for a walk up and down the side street 5 times. Then I got my purse and walked to the gas station to buy kimchi. I took my mask, but not everyone in there wore one. I came back with a small package of the oldest kimchi they had. Cecily let me put it in her fridge. The five of us visited until it was time for supper. Cecily and Michele worked in the kitchen while Chris and Al cooked steaks on the grill. I returned a message on my phone. Then Faye called and we conversed.
The five of us sat down to supper. We had more conversation. Chris had at least 3 glasses of wine. At one point Cecily decided she'd rather be in the den, so we all moved there. We talked together and then she went to bed. We talked with Al until he went to bed. Then the three of us stayed up talking. Chris had more glasses of wine and started tipsy-posting on Facebook. Michele had to correct his grammar. I got out my laptop and typed up my blog. Then we should have gone to bed.
* Our upgraded hotel room. *

No comments: