Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Zip ties for the win!

I got up late, probably a reaction to the mag threonate. Chris was on a call. I brushed and swished, and all the usual. There were lots of articles to read and audios to listen to. I worked my way through articles and supplements until I came to breakfast. I wanted to eat it outside, but the sky was overcast and promising rain.
After breakfast, I asked Chris to put a box of quilting library books in my car. I went to the post office to pick up the package from yesterday. Then I went to the Burger King parking lot to give the books to Carol, who is the librarian of the RCMQG. She and I talked for a bit, then she had to run. I went to the church.
I saw cars in front of the church so I walked to the sanctuary to see who was there. I talked to Jennifer and Cherry, who had just finished picking hymns for Sunday. I asked Jennifer if I could make her a music mask. I held out mine as an example and she took it and liked it. I was taken off guard, but knew I wasn't sick when I wore it so she should be ok. Cherry gave me some fabric that she had bought to make masks and I agreed to make her four. I get to keep the leftover fabric so I didn't charge her). They left and I completed my task of entering info into the computer and printing reports. I took the offering and drove to the bank to make the deposit. I asked for extra deposit tickets and they gave me a lot!
When I got home, I realized I had missed a phone call. So I called back Leanne. We talked for a long time. I quietly did some sewing on the quilt top, and then laid it on the floor to try to square it up. The best I can say about it was that it was a quadrilateral. I sewed a long strip on the bottom and trimmed it diagonally, which helped. What it really needs now is even borders to help hold its shape.
The sun came out, so we hung up: she went to walk her dog and I went to take my own walk. I followed a different path from yesterday so I could check out other people's fences. I saw downed trees and some flattened fences. Two doors down, they lost the entire back fence wall.
When I got back, I ate some ground beef for supper. I also had frozen blueberries and a square of chocolate. Our fence was ripped off by the wind, if you can imagine that. So first I hammered tight what was still loosely in place. Then I tried to lift the fallen part but it was too heavy. Chris came out and picked it up. He hammered it back in place but there wasn't enough to properly hold on to. Plus, the nails were rusty and bent. So I brought out some long zip ties and we tied the fallen part to the posts which were still there. I think it will last till we leave, but he doesn't.
I listened to a interview while checking e-mail and playing solitaire. When Chris was ready, I paused the audio to make a magnesium drink and have a packet of lipo magthreonate. After the show, Chris made his lunch and went to bed. I stayed up to blog. There were only two things on today's list and I didn't do either of them.
* Can you spot the zip ties? *

No comments: