Sunday, May 10, 2020

Mother's Day

We got up at 8:30. There was a Mother's Day card from Chris on my laptop. I brushed and swished as I checked e-mail. I watched our church service. Then I went to take a shower. The hygrometer in the bathroom read 50. I turned on the exhaust fan and proceeded with my shower. Soon Chris got in, saying he didn't realize I was in there. After he finished and got out, I did 5 rounds of hot and cold rinse, then got out. I forgot to read the hygrometer at that point. I turned on the box fan and pinned up the shower curtain to dry. I got dressed and put the charcoal packs out to recharge in the sun.
Michele called. She said she made me pancakes for breakfast, then ate them because I wasn't there. We had a lovely chat for some time. After the call, Chris and I went to Publix for groceries. When we got back, I washed stuff and Chris put it away.
Then I made and ate breakfast. I put on my bathing suit and sat outside in the sun. I finished my book, so I came inside. I put on pants and went for a walk to see the peonies. They were not quite blooming yet. When I got home, I turned off the box fan. The humidity was 54. I watched the last episode of Interconnected. I took my afternoon supplements, and put out more for the week. I checked e-mail. I watched the Bulletproof sinus rinse video and had to try it. I mixed up a bowl of treated water, but it did not work for me because the stuff did not come out of my mouth. Maybe I wasn't inhaling enough liquid. I tried it using a eyedropper and tilted my head back, putting drops of it in my nose. That worked much better. I brought in the charcoal packs, and the humidity was then down to 50.
I watched a video on the current situation and how there were clues in the last 5 years that some people knew it was coming. I texted with Kurt about mainstream news vs the videos I watch. Then I took a break from the computer. I sewed a backing for the quilt top. I looked all over this place and in the garage several times, hoping to find my quilt frame. I wanted to use it to hold the backing taut while I sandwiched it. But I did not find the frame. So, I spread the backing on the floor, spread batting over it and the quilt top. I pinned the top down, then turned the whole thing over and repinned it, smoothing out the backing a little more. That method is not quick or accurate, but it was all I could do in this small space.
Chris came in to watch TV but the quilt was in his way, so he started folding laundry. When I finished, I helped him and we put our own away. Then I made magnesium water and we sat down to watch Inspector Lynley solve a mystery. Afterward, I posted to my blog and got ready for bed.
* I figure this bud will be in full bloom next week. *

No comments: