Tuesday, May 12, 2020

My first telecon

It was almost 9 when I got up. I started my supplement regimen. I brushed and swished. I worked on the masks, then got the idea to make a special one for Don. He used to report on sports, so I fished out some baseball fabric and made two pleated masks. Dr. Lee called. He wanted me to come in tomorrow morning, but I said no, so he agreed to the usual time. I wrote a card for Don, and put a mask in it. I checked more e-mail, then made and ate breakfast. There was no sun to sit in.
I took the card to the post office. There was no mail to pick up. I came home, and listened to an interview with a Dr from Sweden, where they did not lockdown like we did here. His opinion was that high-risk people are going to die; either now, or when the lock down lifts, so better to safeguard those people and let the rest go back to work. I soaked a cottonball in vit C and placed it above my tooth like a wad of tobacco. And then it was time to leave for church.
I stopped at a store for distilled water and books. Then I went to the church. I dropped off stuff for the food pantry, picked up a bag of apple chips that Jennifer left me, then entered the offering info. After printing the reports, I called Tim about a note that Mary left. Then I called Bertha to see if she wanted some company. She did, so I went to Bertha's house. She gave me a glass of water and I took my midafternoon suppplements. We chatted and she showed me a quilt she was working on. I checked my watch and realized it had stopped hours ago. We chatted a little longer, then I ran to the bank to deposit the offering by 5. I asked if the other branch is going to open again, but she said not soon.
When I came home, I saw a message from Sherry. So I gave her a call, then set out to walk to her house with the book I just finished. When I got there, I gave her the book and we had a nice conversation. Then I walked home. I started supper with a bowl of heart stew. I made a salad and dialed into the stewardship telecon. I finished the salad while listeing, and making one comment when asked. Afterward, I read e-mail until Chris was ready. Then I swallowed a dose of magnesium, made vit C water, and watched Inspector Lynley lose his wife to a gunshot wound. After the show, Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I stayed up to blog and check e-mail one more time.

No comments: